HTC 8S Getting GDR2 Update!

Zkal

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Hasn't lagged for me after the update but I've got this annoying issue with headphones that randomly it starts turning the sounds to static after GDR2. No matter what headphones I use. Just pausing and continuing fixes it for a while before it returns. Haven't tried disabling beats audio yet, will have to see if disabling that fixes it.

Racheya

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Confirmed getting the update for 8S on Vodafone in UK, but can't say it's helped with the space issues very much. Despite just doing a factory reset, having no documents/pics and only 100Mb of apps, I still only have 450Mb space.

Definitely make sure you update the Make More Space app though, it was useless before but you can now apparently remove temporary files (effectiveness yet to be seen) and gives you a better view of how much each app takes up.

Did you know the stock HTC app uses 51MB of space? o_O

fofairina

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
In Serbia got on 07/21...Phone feels faster, radio is available but dont have Data sens...and i know that Not all mobile operators offer Data Sense :cry:

Gnax

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Noticed one more change.
Previously XP couldn't detect WP and it was labeled as "Camera". But now it detects phone properly and shows it in explorer just like Windows 7/8.

Also from the splash screen "Quietly Brilliant" is removed under HTC logo.

Last edited:

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Hasn't lagged for me after the update but I've got this annoying issue with headphones that randomly it starts turning the sounds to static after GDR2. No matter what headphones I use. Just pausing and continuing fixes it for a while before it returns. Haven't tried disabling beats audio yet, will have to see if disabling that fixes it.

Wait a few days for the Beats Audio update, it solves this problem.

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Noticed one more change.
Previously XP couldn't detect WP and it was labeled as "Camera". But now it detects phone properly and shows it in explorer just like Windows 7/8.

Also from the splash screen "Quietly Brilliant" is removed under HTC logo.

That would be great, I'll have to check under my XP !
And well... HTC is no more "brilliant" ;-) ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3