HTC 8S Getting GDR2 Update!

mermar

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
1 mounth ago . and now i have power button problem but i dont know it is software or hardware problem because it started after gdr2 .

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
1 mounth ago . and now i have power button problem but i dont know it is software or hardware problem because it started after gdr2 .

I guess You have to press it a few times before phone goes to sleep or wakes up ?
The same for me.
I'll have to send it for a repair I think as this is 100% hardware related.

mermar

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I guess You have to press it a few times before phone goes to sleep or wakes up ?
The same for me.
I'll have to send it for a repair I think as this is 100% hardware related.

yes you are right the same .. but after repair the problem will start again after 1-2 mounths : )

Br1anK

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I got the update last week on O2 Ireland.

Music and Data Sense included.

After installing and running 'Storage Cleaner' I have 880?Mb free space. Previously only about 130Mb.
That said, I have noting downloaded to the phone really, except 3 mail accounts and Wordament.

mermar

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Im on portico and i have the same prob. The button doesn't work. I don't think its a gdr2 problem

yes this is not gdr2 problem i think so .. this is a hardware problem and also this is a general problem for htc windows phones .. and the other big issue is random restarts and i think this is a gdr2 issue .. im waiting gdr3 maybe this update will solve the restart issue

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Ha ha ha! Well I was a little excited but it's mainly because of FM Radio which I am a huge user of and of course the "Other" memory bug. ;)

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
didn't notice any change to the other storage management. make some space app is still useless and cleaning temp files does nothing.

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I installed GDR2 and did a factory reset, we will see soon if the problem is solved

C'mon... Let's face the facts : HTC 8S is a low memory phone and no OS update will correct this, unless it will allow to store the application data on the memory card. This is sad, but it's true. And it's very strange that Microsoft cannot propose any solution like this; back in my Android days I had a phone which had 512 MB available for applications but I was keeping ofer 12GB application data (mostly for Gameloft games) on the microSD card... still having over 320MB from these 512MB free for next installations.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3