Attentive phone update

raptr569

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Just a quick question for our 8S owning brothers and sisters.

Has anyone got an Attentive phone update for their 8S today?

Thanks

Alphamaster32

May 7, 2014
Visit site
thanks for the heads up but it wasn't available for me
P.S im having 8.0 GDR 3 and used sysapp pusher to check,aaaand wasn't avail but i got the CSD diag update

Last edited:

Alphamaster32

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for letting me know. My theory is this might be the 8.1.1 breaking driver as the 8X has been updated today.
but the second post says he has updated it
I just wish for some htc updated apps
I installed PFD 8.1 but it didn't satisfy me as i use it for calling and messenging and 8.1 was awful with battery so i flashed back to wp 8.0
And I'm happy with it

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Yup. Just got updated a couple of hours ago.

8S, carrier locked, Hungary.

"My theory is this might be the 8.1.1 breaking driver as the 8X has been updated today."

From your mouth to God's (HTC programmers') ears. :D

TheHusky

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I got nothing here on carrier locked phone in Slovenia. I think I had an option for attentive phone in settings for a while now. Or was it just the update for the function itself?

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I am on the developer preview. If you go to the Windows Store and look up "Attentive phone", Windows 8.1 (note: not 8.0) is listed as the minimum system requirement. Funnily enough, the page also says that it is not available for my phone. :)

Plus: if you look at the screenshot on the windows store page, it shows on screen windows buttons, so I assume it must have been taken on the new HTC, since, as far as I know, both 8X and 8S have dedicated touch buttons off-screen for back, Windows and find. It also lists a function called auto answer calls, which I don't have on my 8S.

b7174910-767c-447a-8a30-7de09f040d10.png

Last edited:

Alphamaster32

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I am on the developer preview. If you go to the Windows Store and look up "Attentive phone", Windows 8.1 (note: not 8.0) is listed as the minimum system requirement. Funnily enough, the page also says that it is not available for my phone. :)

Plus: if you look at the screenshot on the windows store page, it shows on screen windows buttons, so I assume it must have been taken on the new HTC, since, as far as I know, both 8X and 8S have dedicated touch buttons off-screen for back, Windows and find. It also lists a function called auto answer calls, which I don't have on my 8S.

View attachment 77617

It is wired why some got it why HTC 8x owners got it
Im getting disappointed with this device once i choose it over lumia 520 Hope we get at least 8.1 update officially living with dev preview is a disaster that's why i flashed back to win phone 8.0 but storage is also killing me

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I have had no problems whatsoever with my HTC 8S, the 8.1 has even made it better. However, the lack of WP support from HTC - and the lack of new functions that the Lumia's are getting - will probably push me towards a Nokia device next time.

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Yes. I must be one lucky HTC customer, but I have had none of the battery problems I read about on different boards. There's usually 24 hours for me between two charges. I don't play many games, though, and I rarely use it for watching videos, so that probably helps. But other than that, I use it just like you would use any smartphone: checking e-mails, listening to music, reading e-books and the occasional social media check-ins. And, occasionally, so that I don't forget it's a phone, I make calls and send texts, too. ;)

Alphamaster32

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Yes. I must be one lucky HTC customer, but I have had none of the battery problems I read about on different boards. There's usually 24 hours for me between two charges. I don't play many games, though, and I rarely use it for watching videos, so that probably helps. But other than that, I use it just like you would use any smartphone: checking e-mails, listening to music, reading e-books and the occasional social media check-ins. And, occasionally, so that I don't forget it's a phone, I make calls and send texts, too. ;)

well screw htc im updating now
8.1 here i come

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea