when htc 8s will get windows 10 technical preview

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
we don't know at this time when the program will expand to other brands, if at all.

If it doesn't, you have the Preview for Developers to look forward to at least - since that's your only option as it appears HTC has dropped that device.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
If it matters to owners of non-Lumia phones, I don't think Microsoft could give Technical Preview to non Lumias without the phone manufacturers doing several things, including having a mechanism for customers to roll back to the previous OS. So you might want to contact your phone makers to see where they stand on this.

TheHusky

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
As far as the 8.10.14219 is concerned, that's a stability update, read about it on windows central : Windows Phone random reboot hotfix rolls out to more devices in India, Europe and Asia | Windows Central

Moving to other brands? HTC one can get Windows 10 preivew: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile/361585-windows-10-build-10136-htc-one-m8.html

I also asked Gabe about our phones getting the preview on twitter, no reply... obviously: https://twitter.com/th3und3rtaker/status/610927532976799744

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Come on, do yourself a favour and buy one of the Lumias.
I have switched to 930 and now I can really enjoy the WP in its full glory ;-)
It's a shame that HTC has lost such a big potential that 8S had. Beautifully designed phone which really shined between all these black rectangles but eventually left without support.
No wonder that HTC has still bigger and bigger problems. This company has no idea how to exist on the market.

Alan Wilson67

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I registered for the technical preview, they updated my 8s to 8.1 and now I can't here people talk, apparently Microsoft, in their wisdom dropped the volume in 8.1 from 30 down to 10 and locked it. Now I can't roll back to 8 so they basically killed a perfectly good phone. The reason I wanted to update was so that I could get data sense and have apps all run from the SD card. If they decide that windows 10 won't run on our phone, I sincerely hope they fix the volume because if they don't, there will be a lot of very angry customers.:angry:

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I registered for the technical preview, they updated my 8s to 8.1 and now I can't here people talk, apparently Microsoft, in their wisdom dropped the volume in 8.1 from 30 down to 10 and locked it. Now I can't roll back to 8 so they basically killed a perfectly good phone. The reason I wanted to update was so that I could get data sense and have apps all run from the SD card. If they decide that windows 10 won't run on our phone, I sincerely hope they fix the volume because if they don't, there will be a lot of very angry customers.:angry:

I'm not sure what you mean by 'dropped the volume from 30 to 10...

AFAIK...Phone call volume has always been on a scale from 1-10, where as media content/games, etc, went from 1-30. That doesn't mean 30 is louder than 10...only that one has more fine grained adjustments than the other...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I believe HTC has decreed that the 8S will not see anything past 8.1 Update 1, so I'm not sure we'll see Insider compatibility for it.

There's also a lot less 8S's in use than you seem to imply.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills