Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 39 of 39
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Cavebat's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #26  
    Coming from an Imagio obtained and setup over 2 years ago, I think I remember having to download a .cab file to get the LED's to work as desired. I much wanted and miss this feature in 8X. Maybe some developers can do this again?
  2. Drazyw's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by holyxiaoxin View Post
    Can't believe how a notification LED is the deciding factor for a WP for some people. :/ long live 920:P


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Funny, after being on the 920 for a while and coming from a Galaxy Nexus, one thing I really really miss is the LED notifications. If I missed a call or got an email or anything, it would flash a color depending on what kinda notification. I loved working around the house, and looking across the room and seeing if I have something missed without touching it. My next phone will have it, even if it means dumping Microsoft for Google again.
  3. Daniel Ratcliffe's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,822 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,477 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by holyxiaoxin View Post
    Can't believe how a notification LED is the deciding factor for a WP for some people. :/ long live 920:P


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    While I could live with the missing led light, even though it was a godsend on my BlackBerry, for some it is a deciding factor. I know people who won't touch Nokia until they make android, I'll bet there are people for whom a certain ringtone being included is a deciding factor. Everyone has different wants and needs. Please respect that.

    "Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
  4. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaskys View Post
    Um led notification only works when phone on low battery and when charging it.
    Exactly...
    Blinks red when under 10% battery.
    Blinks red green if overheating.
    Stays red while charging.
    Goes green on full charge.
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html
  5. GreenScrew's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    219 Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamdunne View Post
    Have read and voted on this issue on the lumia forum too. Checked all the settings several times and there is not a setting I can find to increase the vibrate. On my day off tomorrow I plan to drive back to AT&T to check their display units to see if perhaps my phone is faulty in this area.
    I know this is a really old post and probably too late to save poor lamdunne but in case someone else has the exact same issue... my advice is to put your phone in your pocket. Its much easier to feel when its actually pressed against your feeling sensors (aka; nerve endings).
  6. Najtreg's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #31  
    Hi there,

    It's does not flash when you get a message or something.
    The LED is red when the battery is charging.
    Green when the phone is fully charged.
    And it flashes red when the battery is very low.

    I hope this will help you,
  7. abek0's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    #32  
    8x doesn't have an led notification for messages and what not, unfortunately. I wish it did as well, but maybe a message to HTC or ms in the next update to add that.
  8. Moose_Albo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    #33  
    I've had my 8x since march and to my experience the LED light is only for when your battery is critically low or your phone is charging.
  9. Dadstar0410's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    851 Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by abek0 View Post
    8x doesn't have an led notification for messages and what not, unfortunately. I wish it did as well, but maybe a message to HTC or ms in the next update to add that.
    Can an update add a feature such as that? I thought that was a hardware thing and could not be changed with a software update.
  10. apeterson93's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    169 Posts
    Global Posts
    901 Global Posts
    #35  
    The light itself is the hardware. The way it flashes is software.

    So, yes. LED notifications can come in an update if they wanted too add that.
    Thanked by:
  11. envio's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    225 Posts
    #36  
    Fascinating to read how this thread developed in such hope and then came crashing down to the realisation that the LED light is there to act as a device notification only.

    Green = charged (when plugged into a charger), Red = charging, Flashing Red = battery is low, Flashing Green + Red = Overheating.

    This is the same for all Window Phones and is part of the inherent hardware design architecture. That's not to say it can't be changed but I doubt Microsoft will abandon their current thinking anytime soon. We already have the glance 'n' go nature of the Lock screen, highly customisable to show new notifications and missed calls etc simply by pressing the power button. Now I'm not saying this is the best it can be, I'm merely pointing out that it is already there albeit one momentary press away.

    Nokia is responding to this way of thinking in Amber+GDR2 by introducing the double-tap to wake feature which incorporates a low light standby screen showing the clock and battery level. I'm sure this will develop over time and show effectively what the Lock screen already does.
    Thanked by:
  12.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by envio View Post
    Fascinating to read how this thread developed in such hope and then came crashing down to the realisation that the LED light is there to act as a device notification only.

    Green = charged (when plugged into a charger), Red = charging, Flashing Red = battery is low, Flashing Green + Red = Overheating.

    This is the same for all Window Phones and is part of the inherent hardware design architecture. That's not to say it can't be changed but I doubt Microsoft will abandon their current thinking anytime soon. We already have the glance 'n' go nature of the Lock screen, highly customisable to show new notifications and missed calls etc simply by pressing the power button. Now I'm not saying this is the best it can be, I'm merely pointing out that it is already there albeit one momentary press away.

    Nokia is responding to this way of thinking in Amber+GDR2 by introducing the double-tap to wake feature which incorporates a low light standby screen showing the clock and battery level. I'm sure this will develop over time and show effectively what the Lock screen already does.
    Nokia somehow is taking the same approach as android phone makers ( within the limits of WP and Microsoft) and its a good step, besides that they listen to their customers fearfully. Which is actually a great thing, made me think of my next phone will be a Nokia ( though I adore my 8X design).
    Sadly HTC seems to be careless about the software part on WP, I can see this clearly after the new 8xt release when I contacted HTC to see if the new camera app on the 8xt will come to our phones many times but with no answer. I sent a lot of email s and tweets to their support team asking for some easy features and reporting bugs but they seems to ignore them .
  13.    #38  
    After having my phone for about 8 months now, I believe this phone and most of the fixes are software ones if only Ms and HTC really put some effort, can't see the reason not to.
  14. TheJoester09's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    481 Posts
    PIN
    No
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by envio View Post
    Fascinating to read how this thread developed in such hope and then came crashing down to the realisation that the LED light is there to act as a device notification only.

    Green = charged (when plugged into a charger), Red = charging, Flashing Red = battery is low, Flashing Green + Red = Overheating.

    This is the same for all Window Phones and is part of the inherent hardware design architecture. That's not to say it can't be changed but I doubt Microsoft will abandon their current thinking anytime soon. We already have the glance 'n' go nature of the Lock screen, highly customisable to show new notifications and missed calls etc simply by pressing the power button. Now I'm not saying this is the best it can be, I'm merely pointing out that it is already there albeit one momentary press away.

    Nokia is responding to this way of thinking in Amber+GDR2 by introducing the double-tap to wake feature which incorporates a low light standby screen showing the clock and battery level. I'm sure this will develop over time and show effectively what the Lock screen already does.
    Doesn't it also flash green for a missed call? I don't miss calls very often because my phone is always on me, but I swear I've seen this before.
    *Edit: I just tested this and I guess I was wrong. I'm not sure what I was thinking.*

    I really wish it would flash for texts and e-mails too. I'm like 99% sure that this is a Microsoft-imposed limitation because my old Touch Pro 2, which was also HTC, had a notification light for all notifications. I think that if HTC could implement this, they would have already.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions