8X got LED notification light ???

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi ...
after watching some youtube videos about the HTC 8x, i noticed in some points that some devices got a blinking light at the top inside the speaker, So my question is: is there a notification LED in the phone such as the one fount in SG3? or its the same light in the (HTC ONE X) which is as far as i know can only be seen from the camera and normal user cant benefit from it.
thank you guys:)

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
My HTC Trophy has an led light that flashes for a missed call. It doesn't work for any other notifications though. I doubt any WP8 will offer led notifications to the extent android does.

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Oh i see .. i did notice that about the Trophy, but i thought its a full notification light system.
i came from a Blackberry :D so I'm a bit addicted to the LED red blinking light
thanks @scottcraft

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
It's a great feature and I'm not sure why other o/s makers haven't adopted this. Out of all the features I miss from BlackBerry, this is one I miss the most.

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
After that video this morning i was sure about the charging light, and i did also see a red/orange one i think it was for SMS, hope the same for e-mails and some apps such as KIK. Im a good kikker :D

Posted from My Mobile App

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

deimos9

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Nope, only shows up when charging or when the battery is low :-( Bit of a disappointment, since in Touch Diamond 2 it was used for messages, emails, missed calls etc

Iamdunne

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Nope, only shows up when charging or when the battery is low :-( Bit of a disappointment, since in Touch Diamond 2 it was used for messages, emails, missed calls etc

I too am coming from another ecosystem android and this might be a deal breaker for me. I posted a thread on the lumia 920 forum because I thought maybe I was just missing how to set up notifications. I can't sit all day (have to have my phone on silent and vibrate is almost non existent on my phone) and turn my phone on and off just to try and see if I have a text message. On android there was an app called no led that would display a text or email etc icon floating around in your screen for how ever long you designated.

holyxiaoxin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Can't believe how a notification LED is the deciding factor for a WP for some people. :/ long live 920:p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iamdunne

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Can't believe how a notification LED is the deciding factor for a WP for some people. :/ long live 920:p

I dove head first into this ecosystem with excitement and love so much about it. I think android is great but don't plan to root etc and was drawn to windows by its premise of get in and get out in short periods of time. I even watched the windows promo videos where windows raced android and iOS to see who competed a task quicker and agree windows wins on so many great things. I have spent a long time on forums and watched videos and read articles for the last year waiting for the right time to give another try to windows. I bought the lumia 900 and returned it because I heard the new operating system would come out and it would not be on that lumia 900. My job is at a front desk of a doctors office where technically they don't want us to even have our phones out, yet be messing around with them. I have 3 teens and the only way they communicate with me is through text messages so have my phone on my desk but try to be discreet about only using it if I have to communicate with one of my kids. Yesterday I had my lumia 920 out and on vibrate for the first time. A coworker and I tested it out a few times and barely could tell it did vibrate, you had to be watching for it and listening for it. So if I happen to not to be staring at my phone all day the only way I know if I have a text is to physically open up the phone. This discreet notification light unfortunately for this reason is a major feature in a phone for me. I have posted a thread in the lumia 920 area looking for suggestions on what people do as far as notifications. I did a web search thinking perhaps I was missing something since recently 70 something people looked at the thread but no one had made any suggestions. I also have gone on the Microsoft website and voted and posted on this being a feature to add to windows phones. So with all that being said I am not just lightly saying this Is an important feature looking for a way to blast windows or excuse to return my phone. It is essential to my phone use unfortunately. If anyone has any suggestions on this thread I would gladly read them. Thanks.

holyxiaoxin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
If you can't feel the vibration of the 920, it'd be pretty weird. I thought the 920 has one of the loudest and weirdest sounding vibrations?

Iamdunne

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
If you can't feel the vibration of the 920, it'd be pretty weird. I thought the 920 has one of the loudest and weirdest sounding vibrations?

Have read and voted on this issue on the lumia forum too. Checked all the settings several times and there is not a setting I can find to increase the vibrate. On my day off tomorrow I plan to drive back to AT&T to check their display units to see if perhaps my phone is faulty in this area.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb