8x here I come

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Well with AT&T getting an exclusive on the 920 looks like my split decision on which to get has been made for me. I'm a Verizon customer so looks like Nokia lost out on my money

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I was set to get the 920 but if it doesn't come to Verizon I'll definitely be getting the 8X. I have no desire whatsoever to buy the Samsung Ativ S as I wasn't impressed with the ergonomics of the Galaxy S III I owned for a couple of weeks.

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Yep, guess since no Nokia looks like I'm getting the 8x. Just hope it comes out early November like HTC promised

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
The 8X is looking good to me too, but I'll wait to see if the Ativ S is coming to Verizon as well. I want to see both in person before I make the decision.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
As a Finn and a Nokia fan it's sorta sad to see this, but to be honest any WP8 marketshare benefits all the OEMs. Just securing a decent marketshare now is the more important thing!

Luckily it seems that the 8X will also be cheaper than the 920, so it would also cater to a bit different market (for comparison in Europe it seems it's like 450€for 8X while 650€ for 920)

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I was all set to get the 920 it edged out the 8x on a few features. Granted those might have been gimmicks but still I wanted a top of the class phone and I just felt the 8x was just a little bit behind the 920 but Nokia just showed me they don't care about me so I'm voting with my money and getting the 8x. Unless Verizon gets a 922 then all would be forgiven. But come November 2 I'm getting a new phone

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I was all set to get the 920 it edged out the 8x on a few features. Granted those might have been gimmicks but still I wanted a top of the class phone and I just felt the 8x was just a little bit behind the 920 but Nokia just showed me they don't care about me so I'm voting with my money and getting the 8x. Unless Verizon gets a 922 then all would be forgiven. But come November 2 I'm getting a new phone

I'm right there with ya. I'll be getting a WP8 device as soon as they hit Verizon. The storage space of the 8X isn't a concern but I was leaning towards the 920 mainly for the Nokia exclusive apps. Considering that both phones have essentially the same guts (minus the camera/screen tech), I'm sure performance on the 8X will be plenty snappy for me.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it was the Nokia apps I was really looking forward to as well but I guess you can't have it all. Verizon wp8 for sure as soon as it's available is what I'm getting.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm a diehard Nokia fan, but the size and weight of the 920 were a real letdown for me and the 820's 800x480 resolution is unacceptable.

I'll be taking a careful look at the 8x...

Nokia still has time to keep me as a customer though. I won't have an upgrade for a year or so, if they can bring us an HD resolution phone that isn't the size and weight of a paving stone then I'll be happy to give them my money again.

Luckily I still love my 900 so I'm content to stick with it for a while.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I have a HTC Trophy so as for me it's first come first one I'm buying. My contract has been up for a year since I used another lines upgrade on my family share plane and I was itch for the 900 so I just don't care anymore.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
AT&T has exclusivity on the Lumia 920 and also the Lumia 820. So for me, it's 8X versus Ativ S. I'll buy whichever comes to US Cellular.

The def star

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
If the 8X had 32GB of storage it would of been a really hard decision to choose between the 920 and 8X since I really do like the styling of the 8X better. But the 920 has the Pureview tech and does indeed have 32GB of storage so it's a no brainer. Why can't HTC had more storage to the 8X?

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm on T-MO if they had the L920 indeed I would. But to me the L810 is not as nice as the 8x..so as it stands now it's the 8x for me. It's a pretty dam good device too. if T-MO got the ATIVs I would have to really think hard on it. but as of right now it's the 8x over the L810 on T-MO.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
If the 8X had 32GB of storage it would of been a really hard decision to choose between the 920 and 8X since I really do like the styling of the 8X better. But the 920 has the Pureview tech and does indeed have 32GB of storage so it's a no brainer. Why can't HTC had more storage to the 8X?
I agree. No expandable storage is fine IF you give a large amount of memory. To me, the 8X is already playing from behind because of the bad Titan 1 experience. The T2 is a good enough device to keep me from totally scratching them off the list, but at this rate the Nokia 820 or it's variants may have more advantages. I will give it a look see, but I can't help but feel that HTC has something bigger planned for the next wave of WP8 releases. This just feels like a half effort to me.

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
For me and what I do with the phone 16GB is plenty, and since they both have the same screen size, CPU, Gorilla Glass, etc. It comes down to this the HTC has a 720p display while the 810 does not. So as long as the HTC gets the Nokia Drive app as people here have indicated, then I think the 8X may be my next phone.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have to say, the more I look at pictures of the 8X the more I like the design. I think it might be the nicest looking WP8 so far, with the possible exception of the 8S. I like the color options and the overall look better than the Lumia 920, especially the matte finish.

Even if Verizon gets the 920, it'll be a tough decision for me. I don't really care about the storage or the wireless charging. The only thing that might sway me toward the 920 is the camera and the bigger battery. But the 8X just looks so nice.

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Depending on pricing, I think I may consider picking up an 8x off contract. At first, I wasn't so sure about the design, but after having watched several videos and let it settle a little, it's really grown on me.

Does anyone know if this phone will have the feature where you can take a photo/snapshot from a video? I've seen that advertised for the One X (I think), but I don't know if that's just an Android thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention