The Verizon 8X is a world phone

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
HTC 8X for Verizon passes through the FCC, reveals a world phone | WMPoweruser

Good news for Verizon users. It supports GSM 850 and 1900 according to WMPU.

No, the CDMA HTC 8X that VZW has still not even officially announced they will sell is a world phone. I wish people would stop putting products on VZW's shelves until they actually announce them. Other than a few typical comments of support and platitudes by executives in the past, VZW remains as silent as ever about its commitment to Windows Phone and the launch date is now only a few weeks away. This is in stark contrast to their never ending information about everything Apple and Android. Until they announce a product with a release date, it is not real. I thought people were disappointed enough by VZW the last time around with Windows Phone 7 to not engage in the same routine of clutching to little (unconfirmed by VZW) bits of hope. I am a generally satisfied VZW customer with a HTC Trophy but I wouldn't bet the ranch on anything when it comes to their support for the platform.

BTW, before people chime in with the mythical leaked roadmap, that also had the Nokia 920 coming to VZW in November. I think that has now been sufficiently debunked by both Nokia and AT&T. To date, we know HTC has applied for FCC certifications for a CDMA 8X. That does not place a product on anyone's shelf. RIM went through the certifications for the 4G version of their Blackberry Playbook too a few months ago. Do you see either an AT&T or VZW version for sale? Certification means it can be sold in the US, not that anyone has yet agreed to sell it.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
No, the CDMA HTC 8X that VZW has still not even officially announced they will sell is a world phone. I wish people would stop putting products on VZW's shelves until they actually announce them. Other than a few typical comments of support and platitudes by executives in the past, VZW remains as silent as ever about its commitment to Windows Phone and the launch date is now only a few weeks away. This is in stark contrast to their never ending information about everything Apple and Android. Until they announce a product with a release date, it is not real. I thought people were disappointed enough by VZW the last time around with Windows Phone 7 to not engage in the same routine of clutching to little (unconfirmed by VZW) bits of hope. I am a generally satisfied VZW customer with a HTC Trophy but I wouldn't bet the ranch on anything when it comes to their support for the platform.

BTW, before people chime in with the mythical leaked roadmap, that also had the Nokia 920 coming to VZW in November. I think that has now been sufficiently debunked by both Nokia and AT&T. To date, we know HTC has applied for FCC certifications for a CDMA 8X. That does not place a product on anyone's shelf. RIM went through the certifications for the 4G version of their Blackberry Playbook too a few months ago. Do you see either an AT&T or VZW version for sale? Certification means it can be sold in the US, not that anyone has yet agreed to sell it.

HTC specifically said T-mo, ATT and Verizon at their announcement event. So yes, it is officially coming to Verizon.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

Last edited:

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
HTC specifically said T-mo, ATT and Verizon at their announcement event. So yes, it is officially coming to Verizon.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

This is fact. I watched the wpcentral and the verge blog of the event. It was definitely confirmed there. The 8s wasn't however. Hopefully Verizon gets that as well. That said, I think I want the Ativ. Gotta get both in hand though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans