$99 for pre order at best buy

geekmaster

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
yeah its starting to feel like the lumia 810 will be a ripoff in comparison if both are the same price on T-Mobile. not %100 sure though because of the leaked pricing from wallmart

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Compared to the 920 with 32GB of storage and a PureView camera at $149, the 8X with 8GB of storage for $99 seems a little high to me.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Compared to the 920 with 32GB of storage and a PureView camera at $149, the 8X with 8GB of storage for $99 seems a little high to me.

I thought it was 16 GB storage?

EDIT: Either you are right or Best Buy is wrong. There is no way 8 GB is gonna fly with no expandable storage. I'd rather have the 8X than the 920, but there is no way I'm paying $99 when for $150 I get OIS and 4x the memory.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I thought it was 16 GB storage?

EDIT: Either you are right or Best Buy is wrong. There is no way 8 GB is gonna fly with no expandable storage. I'd rather have the 8X than the 920, but there is no way I'm paying $99 when for $150 I get OIS and 4x the memory.

Haha love the avatar.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
For those that don't really use the internal storage, this may still be a good price and device.

I really only have pictures/vids & apps on my devices. If I learn to upload them to SkyDrive and/or other online storage services, I'd be good.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
$99 seems high for just 8 GB. But that may only seem that way because the 920 was priced so low.

What advantages does an 8 GB 8X have over an 820?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Here's the Best Buy ad. Maybe Best Buy screwed up and meant to say 8MP camera?

dqrcc8.png

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
It has to be a mistake, right? Even if they were offering the 8GB version, they would also offer the 16GB version, don't you think? If there is no mistake, then Lumia has a huge advantage not only in apps, tech, and support, but also in storage space. $50 is very much worth those luxuries, IMO. 8GB means that I would never get the 8x, even though I favor its design much more than the 920.

I also wonder why there other 8x colors aren't listed. Hopefully they'll be available soon.

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm thinking that the listings must be incomplete. They're missing the 16GB models and the other color options as well. The 920 just seems like a much better deal at the contract price vs. the 8GB 8x (and even a better one at the off-contract prices), that it seems as though something can't be right here.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I'm thinking that the listings must be incomplete. They're missing the 16GB models and the other color options as well. The 920 just seems like a much better deal at the contract price vs. the 8GB 8x (and even a better one at the off-contract prices), that it seems as though something can't be right here.

You might be right. i don't know

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Interesting that the HTC web site doesn't mention an 8GB variant, only that the 8X comes with 16GB.

You're right, it's confusing

I just looked at the HTC website for the 8X (AT&T carrier) and it says:
Total storage: 16 GB, available capacity varies, RAM: 1 GB
HTC Windows Phone 8x- Cell Phones & Smartphones

Then I looked at the HTC website for the 8S (no carrier listed) and it says:
Total storage: 4 GB, available capacity varies
Expansion SD card slot supports micro™ SD memory card for additional storage (card not included)
RAM 512 MB
Windows Phone 8S by HTC Overview - HTC Smartphones

Last edited:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to go a bit off topic here, but it's directly related to communication and confusion from HTC, which is what we are talking about here and find it confusing. HTC really needs to get their act together.

I have an imported German GSM HTC 7 Trophy.

When I run HTC Connection Setup here are my U.S. Carrier choices: AT&T, Consumer Cellular, Tracfone, Voce Wireless and Ztar Mobile:

289arud.png

Voce Wireless and Ztar Mobile went out of business in 2008. I think it's ridiculous that they are even listed. It only causes more confusion.

Last edited:

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to go a bit off topic here, but it's directly related to communication and confusion from HTC, which is what we are talking about here and find it confusing. HTC really needs to get their act together.

I have an imported German GSM HTC 7 Trophy.

When I run HTC Connection Setup here are my U.S. Carrier choices: AT&T, Consumer Cellular, Tracfone, Voce Wireless and Ztar Mobile:

Click to view quoted image

Voce Wireless and Ztar Mobile went out of business in 2008. I think it's ridiculous that they are even listed. It only causes more confusion.

Meanwhile, still no Straight Talk?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Meanwhile, still no Straight Talk?

Not on my Connection Setup. Of course my phone has a German country code, I don't know what people with a U.S. country code get. Maybe some here will check and let us know.

I do have Voce Wireless and Ztar Mobile which are totally useless. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss