Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Haha u 2 guys are some smart fellas. Getting rid of that iPhone. Nice to see that

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Knowing Verizon it will probably just show up next week sometime. No announcement, no ads, no hoopla, nothing. Just a phone for them to toss in the back and their employees to know next to nothing about.

Gods I hate Verizon.

I would switch but I still have an unlimited plan. To switch to the new tier plans would cost me almost twice what I pay now for similar service.

Love my Trophy. Love Windows Phone. Hate money grubbing cell phone companies.
    11B1P likes this.

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kregstrong View Post
    Haha u 2 guys are some smart fellas. Getting rid of that iPhone. Nice to see that

In the same boat! Cant wait to get my blue 8x. I'm HOPING it drops next week?

Quote Originally Posted by jasqid View Post
    HAHA! That's is exactly what I'm doing. !!!

I switched to Verizon during the preorder/launch of iPhone 5 from Sprint. I planned on selling my i5 too to get the blue 8x. Although, I may not have to sell it. Mother in law wants my iphone 5. I worked a deal. She orders the 8x and we'll swap phones. win win!
    My little brother is selling his iPhone 5 for the 8x too. The love tiles are great!
    Quote Originally Posted by kregstrong View Post
    I like it but its not as cool as a windows phone. The live tiles are hard to beat. Now if I can just talk my wife into selling her iPhone 5

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Agpe17 View Post
    I'm gonna say the week after next. U know how ****ty Vzw is lol

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    Has anybody heard anything from Verizon about any possible preorder or release date? I was kind of expecting to hear something today but there was nothing at all.

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Last I heard they pushed it back from the 12th because of sandy. Now rumor is that its launching right around thanksgiving. I'll try to find the link

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    http://m.wpcentral.com/leaked-verizo...k-thanksgiving

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    what's the official word on going from 3G to 4G unlimited on vzw? I thought I read that from now on if you upgrade on contract (subsidized pricing) you'll automatically be switched over to the shared plan. In other words you'd have to buy the phone outright to keep unlimited - is this true?

Anyone know the price on contract? I've actually talked my teenage son into one as well, so two for us!

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    $199 on 2 year. Vzw announced it last week I believe

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    What was it about the iPhone 5 that made you guys buy it and then sell it? I'm kind of shocked because you pretty much knew what you were getting with that phone before even buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by speedfreak228 View Post
    I wish they would let us know a release date so I can sell my iphone 5 to get the blue 8x to go along with my surface
    Quote Originally Posted by jasqid View Post
    HAHA! That's is exactly what I'm doing. !!!

I switched to Verizon during the preorder/launch of iPhone 5 from Sprint. I planned on selling my i5 too to get the blue 8x. Although, I may not have to sell it. Mother in law wants my iphone 5. I worked a deal. She orders the 8x and we'll swap phones. win win!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agpe17 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by speedfreak228 View Post
    My little brother is selling his iPhone 5 for the 8x too. The love tiles are great!
    Add me to the list. Got the iP5 on launch day. Going to get an 8X ASAP! Except I want the Red one.

Quote Originally Posted by GreekboyD View Post
    What was it about the iPhone 5 that made you guys buy it and then sell it? I'm kind of shocked because you pretty much knew what you were getting with that phone before even buying it.
    Personally, I have had MANY phones throughout my life. I loved WP7 but wanted something new once I heard about WP8. Got the iPhone 5 (I had a 4 and a 4s too) and it's a great device! I really do like the iP5 but I miss how I had everything MS / Windows in my life when I hand my WP7. No, I am not a fanboy (I have a macbook too) but it's just easier to stick with one brand and I DO NOT LIKE ANDROID AT ALL and will never own anything google ever again.

I also really like what I see with WP8, Windows 8 (Tablet and PC), and Xbox and how they all interact. Smartglass etc...

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    This is on phonearena. Think this is offical official?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pa.png  

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GreekboyD View Post
    For me it was because it was the newest phone on Verizon. I HAD.... I cant stress HAD enough, to move to Verizon in Sept. And because of moving to Verizon, there was no way I was getting a droid phone. (I have a Xoom tablet and had an evo shift and really don't care for Android). And there was no way in **** I was going to get a 2 yr old trophy. I really thought WP8 was going to launch in early Nov and would have been able to switch phones. Well, now Im stuck in a 2 year agreement and will have to pay full price to get the 8x. So I figured I'd get my best bang for buck out of selling an iPhone 5. I checked ebay and they are selling used ones for 600 and 800 bucks yet. I'd be happy to get 500.

However, my mother in law wanted to get a new phone and I talked her into a phone swap. She purchases the 8x, and then we'll swap phones. (She'd rather have an iPhone). So its a win-win. Yeah, it slightly used but in mint condition... and shes getting a $30 case included.

I would have held back the carrier change for the ACTUAL launch of the WP8 on Verizon but I couldn't wait. I was in a position with having to add a few lines and I was not going to do another 2 years on Sprint. (After 13 with them the service in the past year went in the toilet. My HTC Arrive was slower than dialup on their network. Not just mine but the wifes and the Evos. It was bad here.) So with those 2 things... quality of service, and adding lines... that was the main reason for the move. And I don't regret it (in regards to the service. Cant believe what we were missing in regards to data speed.)

I like my iPhone a lot. It just doesn't do some things that I want it to do. I had a htc Titan when I was on AT&T. When I moved to Verizon all they had was the trophy so I got the nexus, biggest POS ever. I ended up buying an iPad 3 a couple weeks ago and it was ok. It wouldn't really work for excel and word like I wanted so I returned it for a surface. I love my surface by the way!!! So the surface has made me want a windows phone again, so I'll be picking up the 8x as soon as I can

Wow, the 8X is only $49 on AT&T. I sure hope that Verizon looks at their pricing because that's a huge difference if they're really going to charge $199!

Nevermind...just read the fine print. It's $199 for the 16GB model and $99 for the 8GB.

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I don't think Verizon is getting the 8gb model. Or at least they falliled to mention it

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Just figured I'd post an update! I just FLEW down to Best Buy to pick up an 8x after I saw the WPCentral headline that it was available in-store! Sadly, it wasn't. Anywhere. They didn't get them in yet!

The associate told me they'll be getting it in on Monday, 11/12. Hoping this is true!

Where is Verizon?!

15th based on my info. Preorders at 1am

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Pretty orders at 1 am what day?

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts
    tomorrow, the 8th

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tripz727 View Post
    15th based on my info. Preorders at 1am
    What's your source?

Also, if it was a 1 a.m. pre-order for tomorrow morning, wouldn't WPcentral have caught wind?
    After much deliberation, I have landed on the 8X. It's just sexy, many reviewers raving about it. Paul Thurrott's review sealed it for me.

What we know:
    Verizon-Coming in Red, Black(both exclusives) and Blue, 16G only as far as we know.
    AT&T-Coming in Blue & Limelight Yellow(exclusive), 16G & 8G configurations(Limelight only comes in 8G)
    T-Mo-Coming in Blue only although it would be cool if they had some kind of electric magenta exclusive.

I want Limelight. I love it. It's a known fact that people love the colors of the 8X and I have loved that eye-popping Yellow since I first saw it at launch. The fact that it is 8 Gigs only bothers me. I know Skydrive has us all dialed in with cloud storage, but really, why release an 8G anything at all(I can't believe the 8S is only 4G)?

Bearing all this in mind, I am leaning toward buying an unlocked Limelight 16 from Negri($567.50) or somewhere comparable and going with something like RedPocket for a little while as I am on Sprint and need to leave for WP8. I've posted some of this elsewhere here and noone has chimed in. Is anyone else keen on that Yellow? I love how different it is.

Thanks

-Doc

EDIT: Many people inquiring on the off-contract Verizon price: $669.00
    Actual location: Inside the system itself.

Vaporwaremagpolydilithium- What Surface is actually made of.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast