Verizon 8X: 11/12/12(?)

fierywater

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
The 12th doesn't make a lot of sense to me, given that Verizon tends to release on Thursdays (IIRC). That said, don't expect to hear about a date until exactly a week beforehand.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Verizon usually releases new phone on Thursdays. I doubt that they would release a phone on Thanksgiving. So that means that it will probably be either the 8th or the 15th. I'd say it's more likely to be the 15th, but they might surprise us.

Edit: fierywater beat me to it

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I wish they would let us know a release date so I can sell my iphone 5 to get the blue 8x to go along with my surface

HAHA! That's is exactly what I'm doing. !!!

I switched to Verizon during the preorder/launch of iPhone 5 from Sprint. I planned on selling my i5 too to get the blue 8x. Although, I may not have to sell it. Mother in law wants my iphone 5. I worked a deal. She orders the 8x and we'll swap phones. win win!

Shadai

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Knowing Verizon it will probably just show up next week sometime. No announcement, no ads, no hoopla, nothing. Just a phone for them to toss in the back and their employees to know next to nothing about.

Gods I hate Verizon.

I would switch but I still have an unlimited plan. To switch to the new tier plans would cost me almost twice what I pay now for similar service.

Love my Trophy. Love Windows Phone. Hate money grubbing cell phone companies.

speedfreak228

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

I switched to Verizon during the preorder/launch of iPhone 5 from Sprint. I planned on selling my i5 too to get the blue 8x. Although, I may not have to sell it. Mother in law wants my iphone 5. I worked a deal. She orders the 8x and we'll swap phones. win win!
My little brother is selling his iPhone 5 for the 8x too. The love tiles are great!
Haha u 2 guys are some smart fellas. Getting rid of that iPhone. Nice to see that
I like it but its not as cool as a windows phone. The live tiles are hard to beat. Now if I can just talk my wife into selling her iPhone 5

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody heard anything from Verizon about any possible preorder or release date? I was kind of expecting to hear something today but there was nothing at all.

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Last I heard they pushed it back from the 12th because of sandy. Now rumor is that its launching right around thanksgiving. I'll try to find the link

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

corn_chowder

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
what's the official word on going from 3G to 4G unlimited on vzw? I thought I read that from now on if you upgrade on contract (subsidized pricing) you'll automatically be switched over to the shared plan. In other words you'd have to buy the phone outright to keep unlimited - is this true?

GreekboyD

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
What was it about the iPhone 5 that made you guys buy it and then sell it? I'm kind of shocked because you pretty much knew what you were getting with that phone before even buying it.

TaliZora

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I wish they would let us know a release date so I can sell my iphone 5 to get the blue 8x to go along with my surface

In the same boat! Cant wait to get my blue 8x. I'm HOPING it drops next week?

My little brother is selling his iPhone 5 for the 8x too. The love tiles are great!

Add me to the list. Got the iP5 on launch day. Going to get an 8X ASAP! Except I want the Red one.

What was it about the iPhone 5 that made you guys buy it and then sell it? I'm kind of shocked because you pretty much knew what you were getting with that phone before even buying it.

Personally, I have had MANY phones throughout my life. I loved WP7 but wanted something new once I heard about WP8. Got the iPhone 5 (I had a 4 and a 4s too) and it's a great device! I really do like the iP5 but I miss how I had everything MS / Windows in my life when I hand my WP7. No, I am not a ****** (I have a macbook too) but it's just easier to stick with one brand and I DO NOT LIKE ANDROID AT ALL and will never own anything google ever again.

I also really like what I see with WP8, Windows 8 (Tablet and PC), and Xbox and how they all interact. Smartglass etc...

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

For me it was because it was the newest phone on Verizon. I HAD.... I cant stress HAD enough, to move to Verizon in Sept. And because of moving to Verizon, there was no way I was getting a droid phone. (I have a Xoom tablet and had an evo shift and really don't care for Android). And there was no way in **** I was going to get a 2 yr old trophy. I really thought WP8 was going to launch in early Nov and would have been able to switch phones. Well, now Im stuck in a 2 year agreement and will have to pay full price to get the 8x. So I figured I'd get my best bang for buck out of selling an iPhone 5. I checked ebay and they are selling used ones for 600 and 800 bucks yet. I'd be happy to get 500.

However, my mother in law wanted to get a new phone and I talked her into a phone swap. She purchases the 8x, and then we'll swap phones. (She'd rather have an iPhone). So its a win-win. Yeah, it slightly used but in mint condition... and shes getting a $30 case included.

I would have held back the carrier change for the ACTUAL launch of the WP8 on Verizon but I couldn't wait. I was in a position with having to add a few lines and I was not going to do another 2 years on Sprint. (After 13 with them the service in the past year went in the toilet. My HTC Arrive was slower than dialup on their network. Not just mine but the wifes and the Evos. It was bad here.) So with those 2 things... quality of service, and adding lines... that was the main reason for the move. And I don't regret it (in regards to the service. Cant believe what we were missing in regards to data speed.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb