Wireless charging on Verizon version?

Razanbuddu

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
This makes the choice between the 8x and the 822 even harder, though i hope the $199 price tag includes wireless charging. I don't care much that the 8x doesn't have expandable storage, so now it's the 8Xs sleek design and hd screen vs the 822s lower price and nokia apps.

On that note. Nokia's turn by turn navigation is on all windows phone right? is there really that many important apps exclusive to nokia?

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
But wireless charging allows carriers/shops to sell accessories.

Lets also not forget, the carriers know what phones sell far better than we do, so if the general populus don't require extra memory, the carrier won't offer it.

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I would think they would sell more plug-in type of accessories, but I have never experienced wireless charging, so I don't know for sure. How is wireless charging going to be implemented in an automobile setting?

I will say that I have heard more people grumble about a lack of available memory, than I have a lack of wireless charging.

Last edited:

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I will say that I have heard more people grumble about a lack of available memory, than I have a lack of wireless charging.

I'm certain you are correct. But i bet the mark up on a wireless charging dock would be far higher than on a 32GB 8X.

Its not about making the customer happy, its about getting more money off them. :excl:

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Sounds great" it only gets better every day! go HTC this is my choice as of now but i would like to hear more about the colors.

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't use my phone as a music/movie player so I'm fine with the amount of storage provided. I'm not sure if I'll use the wireless charging, but if the cost for a charger isn't extremely high, I'll give it a shot.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm certain you are correct. But i bet the mark up on a wireless charging dock would be far higher than on a 32GB 8X.

Its not about making the customer happy, its about getting more money off them. :excl:
That's probably true. But the good news is that the charging docks are standardized so us tech savvy types can just go buy any Qi charger instead of the exorbitantly priced ones that the carriers are sure to be offering :)

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
So only the american version gets wireless charging ? Not that i would really use it anyway its a gimmick really, Apparently its slower than conventional charging and you can't use the phone whilst charging.

tofu.

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
wireless charging is a pretty big plus for me in the car. i'd like a wireless charging pad to put inside the arm rest. one less wire connected to the phone to worry about (since i have to use aux for audio)

i also liked using my blackberry as a night stand clock on the dock. very convenient to just pick it up and put it down without worrying about wires while you're in bed.

hopefully it is possible to open these polycarbonate cases somehow so i may use the verizon back on my tmobile 8x, assuming tmobile's does not tout the same feature.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So only the american version gets wireless charging ? Not that i would really use it anyway its a gimmick really, Apparently its slower than conventional charging and you can't use the phone whilst charging.
According to the linked article it's the Verizon version only, not even the AT&T or T-Mo version.

But I agree, I wouldn't be upset if it didn't have wireless charging. It wasn't something I cared about even before I knew about the Verizon version having it. I probably won't even bother with it unless I can find a cheap charger. The ones that are out there now are way too expensive.

shingi_70

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Really hoping T-mobile had the sense to add this as they have other phones that have wireless charging.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

xcharles718

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully the T-Mobile variant adds wireless charging as well. My college has Qi Charging Pads all over campus, so it would be nice to actually be able to use them...

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Sounds good, more we have Qi compatible devices, more useful this feature will be.

Apparently its slower than conventional charging and you can't use the phone whilst charging.
yes it's slower, though of course you can use the device while it's charging.

To me the beauty of the wireless feature is all about the accessories, like that Nokia stand with NFC so you can just throw the phone to that stand as you go sleep and because of the NFC you can set the phone to show you clock example.
Or that Nokia JBL speaker where the phones charges on top of it while you can stream your music to that speaker.

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
What's a good qi charger? It would be nice if they made some matching ones for the 8x. Could I use the Nokia one??

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
So how can you hold the phone whilst its charging if you need to put it on a wireless charge pad?

You can still use it, you just have to leave it on the charge pad. It's like using a phone that's sitting flat on a table without picking it up.

Now obviously, if you want to take a picture or make a phone call or something like that, then yes, you'd have to pick it up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo