Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    A camera exclusive review is a pretty cool idea. So sad that it was so short, the review could really benefit for some extra time.

Thanks a lot for sharing.

Paul Thurrott seems to be in love with the 8X:
    http://www.winsupersite.com/article/...hone-8x-144722
    brmiller1976 likes this.
    The CNET guy loses all cred with me for saying ClearBlack tech just results in deeper onscreen blacks. Research much?!

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thed View Post
    Paul Thurrott seems to be in love with the 8X:
    http://www.winsupersite.com/article/...hone-8x-144722
    He sort of contradicted himself when he said "Ive become somewhat obsessed about smart phone camera quality" and "The 8Xs 8 megapixel camera is absolutely good enough for me" in the same paragraph lol.
    Nokia Lumia 1520 RM-938 w/ 128GB MicroSD card
    Microsoft Surface 2 32GB w/ Type Cover 2

Smartphone History: iPhone 3G 8GB -> iPhone 4 8GB -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> Nexus S -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> Lumia 900 -> Lumia 920 -> Lumia 1520

My Blog: PixelWin

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...25834/xboxone/

Quote Originally Posted by freestaterocker View Post
    The CNET guy loses all cred with me for saying ClearBlack tech just results in deeper onscreen blacks. Research much?!
    No doubt. Look no farther than the 920 and its sub par blacks.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    That's a very fanboish review, it was a little painful to read. That being said the 8X has to be good for something to act like that. Also nobody has tried the yellow one, weird.

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    That's a very fanboish review, it was a little painful to read. That being said the 8X has to be good for something to act like that. Also nobody has tried the yellow one, weird.
    I have no doubt the 8X is a very good phone. In fact I was on the fence about getting either the 8X or the Lumia 920, but opted for the 920. But ya, when Paul gets enamored with something, he turns into a major fanboy.
    Nokia Lumia 1520 RM-938 w/ 128GB MicroSD card
    Microsoft Surface 2 32GB w/ Type Cover 2

Smartphone History: iPhone 3G 8GB -> iPhone 4 8GB -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> Nexus S -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> Lumia 900 -> Lumia 920 -> Lumia 1520

My Blog: PixelWin

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...25834/xboxone/

brmiller1976 likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    I've watched phonedog Aaron's reviews on YouTube and Anandtech's preview. I think it's going to be a really good phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    Haha, yeah I didn't say it was the most unbiased review. He does make some pretty ridiculous statements. But what I found interesting was that his unabashed love seems to come mainly from the design and feel of the phone. Seems like everyone agrees that the design is a strong point.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    The fact he loved it over the 920 speaks volumes, IMO.

Global Posts
    2,089 Global Posts
    Agreed. It's looking like this generation's belle of the ball!
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I think is the best looking phone since the N9. Looks like a Natural evolution of that design, I can't wait to see it in person.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12