The 'I've got a 8X!' thread

hailst0rm

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Surprised we haven't started one of these.

Got my HTC 8X today. Couldn't be happier with it. Pictures don't really do it justice. Feels just about the right weight in my hand.

Rang up Phones4u first thing and reserved one. Price was really good at ?370 on PAYG.

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Surprised we haven't started one of these.

Got my HTC 8X today. Couldn't be happier with it. Pictures don't really do it justice. Feels just about the right weight in my hand.

Rang up Phones4u first thing and reserved one. Price was really good at ?370 on PAYG.

What networks do they do it for on PAYG? I am tempted to cancel my Handtec order and go an get one tomorrow.

What Colours do they have?

Congrats by the way :D maybe you could answer a question for me because I can't wait lol does the Notification LED flash for texts?

hailst0rm

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I got it in Blue. I loved the look of it even when I was considering the Lumia 920.

I only know that they had it in Blue or Black. The guy in the store handed me a Black version to have a quick look at when I arrived. I didn't ask what else they had as I was already decided.

I'm actually coming from an iPhone but can't wait to show this off to people.

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Got sim free from clove delivered today. The blue one, the hardware is great, the screen is great, works great......looking forward to the App Store improving over the next few months.

I wanted the nokia 920 but am not impressed with nokia giving EE exclusivity so stuff em.......happy with the 'next best thing'

benryder

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Are PAYG HTC 8X phones locked to the network you buy them on?

Never bought a PAYG phone before, but want to get the 8X on Three. Just trying to work out which is the cheapest way of doing it. Phones4U seem cheap at ?379 but wasn't sure if that was sim-locked.

Ben.

Krumpett

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hiya

Coming back to the Wndows fold after years on it then trying an iPhone. I was looking round town all day today and phones4u seems to be the best deal for the 8x. 2 stores assured me its fully unlocked, but you never know. They were also saying the Lumia 820 had 32Gb of storage!

I may get one tomorrow and will let you know if I do. For now its just the Sat Nav that is making me hold out for a Nokia

Last edited:

DonMorris

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I went to two Phones4U stores today and they told me that I could not buy the 8x Sim free because they could not scan the purchase on their systems. I'm not sure how that became my problem but ill try again tomorrow.

As for the gyro both Engadget and Verge confirmed that it is there.

mberdych

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Battery life

Battery life is just about average, or below average. I would say similar to my iPhone 4s. 2 push mails active, 50+ emails a day delivered, 20 answered on the phone, bit browsing, 1 hour music, wifi active half of the time, bluetooth on, 5 short calls, I would get something like 18-20 hours from it.

Issue I have is that within 2 days I have it already had 2 sudden reboots. Both caused when connected to in-car bluetooth (but not actually calling). Quite disappointment. In terms of camera, I would say is average, low lights below average.

josepmanel1983

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Got sim free from clove delivered today. The blue one, the hardware is great, the screen is great, works great......looking forward to the App Store improving over the next few months.

I wanted the nokia 920 but am not impressed with nokia giving EE exclusivity so stuff em.......happy with the 'next best thing'

Hey there! I ordered mine on Clove Uk yesterday (Friday) and when I look at the status it says 'process'. When did u order it to get it delivered so soon? I suppose mine hasn't shipped yet. You wouldn't happen to remember the steps your order went through before u actually got it delivered...

Sent from my 7 Mozart using Board Express

agolding

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
picked up a blue one on friday, awesome handset, feels amazing in the hand, battery seems better than my lumia 800 thats for sure.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I would feel better if someone who personally owns one could verify the gyroscope... the articles mention it in passing rather than making a real point of it.

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Damn it. Reading all these posts is making me restless. The 8x is launching here in India within the next 10 days from what I've heard. Cannot WAIT. What a gorgeous phone!

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey there! I ordered mine on Clove Uk yesterday (Friday) and when I look at the status it says 'process'. When did u order it to get it delivered so soon? I suppose mine hasn't shipped yet. You wouldn't happen to remember the steps your order went through before u actually got it delivered...

Sent from my 7 Mozart using Board Express

Ordered on Friday, delivered on Saturday by rm special delivery. Did you order blue? That's the only one they had in stock for immediate dispatch.

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
A day of use..............

Still love the hardware, feels great in the hand. The only problem is I am used to android and iPhone and I find the software poor, very antiquated, and poor app support.

However, it's early days for wp8 so provided the app support comes over the next few weeks....yes weeks not months then it will take off. Otherwise people will move to apple or android.

Loving the tiles however!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb