Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

I have had 1 reboot. I really watch connecting my Bluetooth and what order I do connect. I noticed that I had just unplugged from a PC sync and went straight to trying to use it. I can't see it being hardware. My Skype has been working fine.

Global Posts
    2,716 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ajorourke View Post
    I'm not saying it's 100% hardware, but I've had 2 8x and have returned them both due to reboots and the second one also had sim errors all the time. I swapped for a lumia 920 and haven't had any of these issues. (4 days without a reboot).
    Right now I wish i could swap to a lumia 920 - not on my carrier unfortunately come to think of it would swap for a nokia 3310 right now at least the damn thing would work. And i could play the original snake!!!

if I compare mine phone(i have only 3 reboots 1 per day, for now,i by phone 10 november), to yours I discover the difference between firmware revision number-mine is 1532.20.10022.401
    maybe this is because of different firmware number?and one more difference is bootloader version-mine is 0.0.1532.20(156246),everything else is the same.

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    returned mine today and went and looked at the 920 BUT no offense to anyone it looks really dated compared to the 8X. picking up another 8X in the morning I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Villain View Post
    returned mine today and went and looked at the 920 BUT no offense to anyone it looks really dated compared to the 8X. picking up another 8X in the morning I think.
    I almost walked out the store with the lime one when I returned mine :-/

Ok my wife just got her first non reboot issue. Every time she tries to delete a text msg it hangs saying deleting and never does. She has to power cycle. Anyone using exchange for Gmail? She set up her work email and I'm thinking it is in the accounts setup and how Microsoft handles this in the OS.

Got my 8X on the 19th, and started having random reboots by the end of the first week, and they seem to be happening almost daily now (just had one 20 minutes ago). Just in the last 3 days I've had 2 cases where it froze up completely during a call. The first time, it eventually rebooted itself. The 2nd time I had to do a hard reboot. At least with my HD7 I could pull the battery out if it froze up. :(

I have had my 8x since 10 days ago and never had a single reboot or hang. I hope they sort it out for you guys

Ok update. Had my wife uninstall Skype...didnt fix it. Had her remove her work Gmail and that fixed her issues. Secure SSL on back end causing the issue. Her personal Gmail works fine. Somehow the accounts have issues...find which one it may be and remove it. See if it fixes the issues. And yes her work email did appear to be working, skipping the SSL somehow.

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hailst0rm View Post
    Not sure if it has made any difference but there was updates released for Attentive Phone and the HTC apps yesterday (08/11). I wonder if the Attentive Phone part may be causing troubles as its not an app as such, its more of a system service that is always running.

I've had a couple of restarts in the first week and one morning where the phone had shutdown overnight. No problems in the last few days though.
    That's it! It has to be! I had all the problems people have been reporting in addition to SIM card errors and stock apps continually crashing. I reset my phone to factory settings a week ago and it functioned fine until today. Now that I think about it, I updated Attentive Phone yesterday night! This makes lots of sense because like you said its not an app but rather a feature built into the firmware by HTC. Ill try resetting again and not updating Attentive Phone to see if its actually the issue. Ill report back on results!

I've updated attentive phone with no issues. Add an exchange email with something off skew and see what crazy crap happens. Reboots, msgs don't send or receive, apps drop out to start screen.

After swapping my 8X at the local Verizon store, I am on day 9 and have not noticed a single reboot.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Workbook89 View Post
    After swapping my 8X at the local Verizon store, I am on day 9 and have not noticed a single reboot.
    This is the thing though, first couple of weeks i was having one or two reboots a day, last two weeks have had none (that i've noticed)

Love my new HTC 8X blue from T-Mobile, but have been getting multiple reboots on my first day of use. Never had any problems with HTC HD7 (except the flash on camera) and and also hoping this is solved quick and won't lead to any long-term issue -- hope to use phone for a while.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    For what it's worth, I started encountering SIM card errors after two weeks or so. I was also having reboots every other day or so. After swapping my SIM card last Saturday, I haven't had either since.

I am able to reproduce The reboots by playing a lot with touchdevelop for coding a Player that is able to resume playing audio books. The coding only starts and stops the internal player. After several starts to test the coding the player sounds crazy. Additionally starting some other programms like IE and the phone reboots. So for me it looks like a memory and task handling problem.

Called HTC Support and this was waste of time. The Support guy said ... we dont know any problems with this phone ....
    We are unrecognized beta testers

Htc is going to call me back about my idle battery drain after recording video. 6% a minute! That is crazy. Seems Skype is not an issue with any of this. WP8 was not ready, but hey maybe htc can get Microsoft up of their u know what and fix it right the first time.

Had my first reboot after WP8 update today😞

I'm still having reboots despite the update and the sim card error is happening quiet regularly too.

Is anyone else still having ongoing issues?

Quote Originally Posted by FantaFant View Post
    I'm still having reboots despite the update and the sim card error is happening quiet regularly too.

Is anyone else still having ongoing issues?
    I'm still having issues as well but reboots far less now. I was rebooting 1 time every 1.5 days, now it more like every 6-7 days.

All reboots occur when I receive a txt msg and go to respond. Annoying part is, if a reboot does occur I lose the incoming txt message. Has happened 3 times now. If I wait an unspecified time before replying it appears to stay on phone after reboot. Maybe it backed up to cloud prior to reboot.

I just update my new HTC 8X and the reboot problem stiil remains.
    After the update it has reboot 5X today.

Any idea when microsoft will fix this prolem?

My HTC 8x only rebooted a handful of time before the update, now I haven't had one since
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Reboot issue has gone away on my 8x since the update.