Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    It's a brand new phone on a brand new OS, so teething problems while annoying, shouldn't be totally unexpected.

Hopefully it will all be resolved before too long, hang in there guys.
    While most of the time I agree - I've never had a phone in the past 15 years that reboots like this one does! Teething is usually crashing apps, not an entire phone reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    It's a brand new phone on a brand new OS, so teething problems while annoying, shouldn't be totally unexpected.

Hopefully it will all be resolved before too long, hang in there guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by vp710 View Post
    Let's hope they show what great customer support they have. It is one reason why I'm, so confident about getting a Nokia.
    Hmmm in the UK while HTC support are usually good, their repair service (Regenersys) are awful. Returned a HTC One X to them for a repair 4 times and never got fixed despite it being a known hardware fault!

Gave them a second chance with the 8X - now regretting it but hoping its a firmware/app issue.
    Many 920's are freezing/restarting. I have a feeling it's the OS and not the actual device.

Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    Many 920's are freezing/restarting. I have a feeling it's the OS and not the actual device.
    Wouldn't surprise me considering they didn't want to let press get their hands on the actually OS until the past week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron Hinson View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me considering they didn't want to let press get their hands on the actually OS until the past week or so.
    Yeah, I was considering a preorder but I held off for a couple reasons including this. The whole WP8 release has kind of felt like a bit of a rush job. I may wait a few weeks to see if they can get the kinks worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    My HTC Trophy reboots like once every other month it seems, so it probably is an OS, but this is the first time I've heard anyone else reference the issue on any phone.

Sill no reboots having removed the HTC hub. Will give it a bit longer, then may reinstall - I'd had the hub update too. Perhaps there was an issue with the way they first installed it. Mberdych - I wonder if can uninstall and reinstall might overwrite whatever went wrong. Really happy now the reboots are gone.

My problem has gone from bad to better to worse. I've had about 6 reboots tonight since around 3pm. Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday weren't bad. Only had a couple of reboots. Ive been reading this thread to see what other new 8x owners have experienced.

It looks like ive got a bad unit. My wife has had a couple of reboots on her 8x but nothing like mine (though Im on mine much much more!)

Ive also noticed i have a pixel out near the drop down clock. Not a massive issue but annoying in a new phone all the same.

So tomorrow im returning it to phones4u for a replacement. I'll see how that goes.

Can I state again that though Ive had these issues I still really like the phone. Its design is awesome. And the screen is gorgeous. The memory capacity isn't too much of an issue if you have an xbox music pass and windows 8. Im just hoping that the replacement is a little more stable than the one I have now.

Exchange done. Unfortunately they didn't have any blue 8x left in stock so Ive now got a black one. Ill see how this one goes

Lumia 920 here. Have it since Tuesday and had a couple random reboots. I think both when the phone was just sitting idle on my desk.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_248 using Board Express

Just checking in to say that since I uninstalled HTC and turned off attentive phone features I have had no problems at all. It has been almost two days. I had my last reboot half an hour before I did this. Please, anyone that is having problems try uninstalling HTC hub and turning off attentive phone features in settings.

Quote Originally Posted by muitosabao View Post
    Lumia 920 here. Have it since Tuesday and had a couple random reboots. I think both when the phone was just sitting idle on my desk.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_248 using Board Express
    This has got to all be because MS was late in delivering WindowsPhone 8 RTm. Not enough testing. I'm sure we'll see bug fixes rolling out pretty soon.

Ok got a reboot this evening. Still have attentive phone on though

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    That does not look to be device specific now.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I took my 8x back because of this and since Saturday (when I exchanged) I have had 2 reboots. It seems to be a software issue. I'll give it another week and see what HTC / Microsoft come up with.

I returned my Blue 8x on Saturday to phones4u for an exchange. Unfortunately they didn't have any California blue left in stock so I asked to swap it for a black 8x. So far (touch wood) I've not had any reboots. My wife has had a few reboots over the weekend and she has a blue 8x.

Ha that was me speaking to soon. My first reboot on my black 8x!

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    First reboot just now. Was browsing emails and suddenly switched off. Annoying. Also for some reason the WPCentral app isn't in full screen now. There is a big black bar across the top.

Looks like MS rushed this out tbh
    HTC 8X, Nexus 4 (Soon), SGS3, HTC Titan, HTC One X, iPhone 4S, Omnia 7. I love phones!

It would be nice if someone started a thread on MS forums so that we aren't just talking in vein over here.

Link to WP8 Forums over at MS: Windows Phone - Microsoft Community

Please and thanks :)

BTW - I am waiting for my order to ship tomorrow like everyone, but this seems to be a pretty common issue. We won't get any help if we don't let MS know.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by David Hilliard View Post
    It would be nice if someone started a thread on MS forums so that we aren't just talking in vein over here.

Link to WP8 Forums over at MS: Windows Phone - Microsoft Community

Please and thanks :)

BTW - I am waiting for my order to ship tomorrow like everyone, but this seems to be a pretty common issue. We won't get any help if we don't let MS know.
    Done 8X Reboots - Microsoft Community
    HTC 8X, Nexus 4 (Soon), SGS3, HTC Titan, HTC One X, iPhone 4S, Omnia 7. I love phones!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by alexbaldwin View Post
    Thanks Man! Much appreciated :)

Also, the more people that reply to his message, the better adn faster our response(hopefully). I'll reply over there soon.
    Everyone... Try switching off (ipv4 only) ipV6ipV4 under Carrier Internet and MMS settings. I have observed some erratic behavior while in mixed mode... But no reboots (have two 8X). Update us if this helps.
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html

eesh, I was so sure I had fixed it, no reboots for days, and now I've had reboots again. It has to be software. Too much of a coincidence that people are swapping for new phones and having the same problem. If it was hardware it would be getting in to recall territory.
    Don't know if it helps but I also had a reboot on my trophy phone this Sunday morning. It was just sitting on the desk, had a full charge.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Just had another one. Was scrolling through songs in the store and it rebooted. Starting to get sick of it.
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast