Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    Have had mine 3 days and so far no reboots that I have seen. Have not installed FB. T-Mobile.

Firmware: 1532.20.10006.531
    Just a thought... We know there is an issue with the Google account syncing anything else than contacts... So maybe, those who have reboots all have a Google account as primary Microsoft account? I mean, the primary account will try to sync all... email, calender, contacts, to do list... etc. exactly what causes problems.
    If yes, you should move your account to a hotmail.com / outlook.com account. If you have purchases and using a hotmail.com / outlook.com fixes the reboot problem, contact Microsoft Support and inform them about the Google issue, kindly ask that they migrate your account to the hotmail.com / outlook.com email address as Google might be (who knows) playing foul.

SO... what is your primary Microsoft account?

For bad luck my primary and only account is @outlook.com, and didn't even make a separate email account for it, mean I just entered it in the setup.. and so far 5 reboots in 6 days now

I've already moved my @gmail.com microsoft ID to a live.com address in preparation for my 8X. Darn shipping! It needs to get here faster! But i think it's a great idea.
    I'll also be turning off auto-update checks since I like doing that manually anyway.

I've been tweeting with winphonesupport for the last 24 hours, informing them about the rebooting issue. I directed them to the wpcentral forums, as well as the Microsoft community forums. I informed them that I have yet to purchase a WP8 device due to what I believe is a widespread software issue. I also informed them that hundreds of people are reporting this rebooting issue...as soon as I feel comfortable that the issue is identified and can/will be rectified, I will purchase immediately. They said that they are now looking into the matter and will respond to me via twitter with their finding(s). I will pass along anything I hear, assuming there is anything to share.

I wanted to report on 3 reboots I've had today that I believe I can recreate fairly easily. This will NOT effect most people. Basically, I turned on tethering so that I could use my wifi only nexus 7 as a navigation system in my truck. I had a to make a phone call soon after and my phone reboot. After it came back up, I turned on tethering again, fiddled with a few things on my phone and another reboot. I, again turned on tethering a 3rd time after it came back up and left the phone alone so I could actually use it for tethering. 45 minutes later, I picked up the phone to check the battery and a 3rd reboot. I'm pretty sure if you turn on tethering, fiddle with the phone for a bit, it will reboot. I will, see if I can recreate it when I get some time.

I've now calmed down since yesterday when this phone was really pissing me off. Anyway, as posted previously I've got lower firmware than all you guys and still reboots. I have cancelled my rma for the time being though htc are due to call me today.

Please could EVERYONE having reboot issues with their 8X fill in this survey?

SURVEY!

If this can be added to the original post that would be great too - time to try and quantify what the problems may be if HTC won't do it.

You've listed the same numbers under Firmware Version and OS Version:

Also, my FW version is not there. I am on:

Firmware 1532.20.10005.206
    OS 8.0.9903.10
    Bootloader 0.0.1532.20(156792)

In nearly two weeks I have had one reboot and one reboot only. None before, none since.

Quote Originally Posted by shinygerbil View Post
    You've listed the same numbers under Firmware Version and OS Version:

Also, my FW version is not there. I am on:

Firmware 1532.20.10005.206
    OS 8.0.9903.10
    Bootloader 0.0.1532.20(156792)

In nearly two weeks I have had one reboot and one reboot only. None before, none since.
    I have added your firmware version.Sorry changed the firmware version - If the 9905 version is not followed by .10 please someone let me know. Happy to make further additions and corrections as time allows :)

If you are one of the two who completed the survey, please can you add in here the OS version and the bootloader version if it wasn't available when you did so and I will manually change it rather than you filling in again and skewing the figures?

EDIT: Also posted over on XDA.
    Last edited by nicooke; 11-17-2012 at 10:53 AM.

I turned off the "Automatically download updates" setting last night, so far no reboots.

I hope it stays this way but will post an update if I do have one.

Quote Originally Posted by jmod14 View Post
    I turned off the "Automatically download updates" setting last night, so far no reboots.

tried that too. Still have reboots

No reboots at all here.....just knocked on wood. Love this phone.
    Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

I hate to say this but I think it is a problem of most HTC phones. I had the G2 along with 2 of my co-workers and all of us had random reboots. It use to drive me crazy. So far, I've had my 920 for a week now and haven't had a single reboot.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Blah, just had my first one on day three of ownership. Verizon 8X, as mentioned before.

I'd do the survey, but the firmware and bootloader versions for mine (and other Verizon models) aren't listed.

Firmware 1532.20.10110.605
    Bootloader 0.0.1532.20(157404)

Sorry to hear that, but my HTC HD7 only reboots twice for more than one year....

Thanks all. I will add the other firmware options in the morning. I've disabled all i can and uninstalled Facebook and only seen one reboot. In thinking its an interaction somewhere rather than one thing.

PIN
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by jmod14 View Post

Had a reboot today. It was in my pocket doing nothing at the time.

More htc and attentive phone updates. See what happens now.

Quote Originally Posted by fierywater View Post
    Blah, just had my first one on day three of ownership. Verizon 8X, as mentioned before.

I'd do the survey, but the firmware and bootloader versions for mine (and other Verizon models) aren't listed.

Firmware 1532.20.10110.605
    Bootloader 0.0.1532.20(157404)
    Thanks for that - additional firmware and bootloader versions just added. I'm in the UK so relying on other people in the US to supply me with the firmware and bootloader versions.

That's weird - I'm in the UK too, so i wonder why there are so many different firmware versions. Hope i haven't been lumped with an early bug-ridden version. But still - only one reboot, so maybe I lucked out?

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Whoops - my OS version isn't there either. My Verizon 8X has 8.0.9905.12.

Have to say no reboots yet since the updates earlier. And everyone so far bar one person has had attentive phone last time i looked at the results. Further additions to be made in a bit

Quote Originally Posted by shinygerbil View Post
    That's weird - I'm in the UK too, so i wonder why there are so many different firmware versions. Hope i haven't been lumped with an early bug-ridden version. But still - only one reboot, so maybe I lucked out?
    Im guessing we would be able to update firmware anyway

Another reboot. Ah well. Will keep collecting data. Birthday today so will update survey tomorrow