Reboots

hailst0rm

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it has made any difference but there was updates released for Attentive Phone and the HTC apps yesterday (08/11). I wonder if the Attentive Phone part may be causing troubles as its not an app as such, its more of a system service that is always running.

I've had a couple of restarts in the first week and one morning where the phone had shutdown overnight. No problems in the last few days though.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Havent had any reboots for 3 days. Im assuming updates to xbox music and the HTC hub sorted the issue. I didnt uninstall any apps

futurix

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Two reboots in five days here - one upon trying to use NFC with Android phone, and second just out of nowhere... not sure what to think of it.

Byron Hinson

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Random reboots here since I got my phone Monday. Sometimes is messaging, sometimes when not in use. I notice some people say Xbox SmartGlass could be one app that causes it. I still wonder if its HTC hardware.

Byron Hinson

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
It's a brand new phone on a brand new OS, so teething problems while annoying, shouldn't be totally unexpected.

Hopefully it will all be resolved before too long, hang in there guys.

While most of the time I agree - I've never had a phone in the past 15 years that reboots like this one does! Teething is usually crashing apps, not an entire phone reboot.

Byron Hinson

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
It's a brand new phone on a brand new OS, so teething problems while annoying, shouldn't be totally unexpected.

Hopefully it will all be resolved before too long, hang in there guys.

Let's hope they show what great customer support they have. It is one reason why I'm, so confident about getting a Nokia.

Hmmm in the UK while HTC support are usually good, their repair service (Regenersys) are awful. Returned a HTC One X to them for a repair 4 times and never got fixed despite it being a known hardware fault!

Gave them a second chance with the 8X - now regretting it but hoping its a firmware/app issue.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't surprise me considering they didn't want to let press get their hands on the actually OS until the past week or so.
Yeah, I was considering a preorder but I held off for a couple reasons including this. The whole WP8 release has kind of felt like a bit of a rush job. I may wait a few weeks to see if they can get the kinks worked out.

nicooke

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Sill no reboots having removed the HTC hub. Will give it a bit longer, then may reinstall - I'd had the hub update too. Perhaps there was an issue with the way they first installed it. Mberdych - I wonder if can uninstall and reinstall might overwrite whatever went wrong. Really happy now the reboots are gone.

anth77uk

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
My problem has gone from bad to better to worse. I've had about 6 reboots tonight since around 3pm. Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday weren't bad. Only had a couple of reboots. Ive been reading this thread to see what other new 8x owners have experienced.

It looks like ive got a bad unit. My wife has had a couple of reboots on her 8x but nothing like mine (though Im on mine much much more!)

Ive also noticed i have a pixel out near the drop down clock. Not a massive issue but annoying in a new phone all the same.

So tomorrow im returning it to phones4u for a replacement. I'll see how that goes.

Can I state again that though Ive had these issues I still really like the phone. Its design is awesome. And the screen is gorgeous. The memory capacity isn't too much of an issue if you have an xbox music pass and windows 8. Im just hoping that the replacement is a little more stable than the one I have now.

muitosabao

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Lumia 920 here. Have it since Tuesday and had a couple random reboots. I think both when the phone was just sitting idle on my desk.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_248 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb