Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Hi, just to have a separate thread. I bought here in Prague where I am coming from black 8X on the launch day (1st of November) and so far within 3 days of use I had 2 random reboots. Device just suddenly reboots itself ending in PIN screen. Quite annoying, but not sure whether go for service or is it a software issue. Can you share if you have same experience. So far both reboots happened when in car connected to bluetooth.

Blue 8x. With a reboot issue here. Other than the reboot issue I really like the phone.

Blue 8x. Never turned Bluetooth on. Random reboot about once a day. Really hoping it is a software thing. Its not too annoying and other than that its a great phone

Im probably going to curse my luck here but I've been deleting apps to see if any were causing the reboots. I uninstalled the Facebook app and I've not had any reboots since. Ill update tomorrow if this changes.

I think I had one before the Facebook app but keep us informed. Typical if it was Facebook. They don't seem to know how to make a good app.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Facebook app is done by MS, however I think I had a reboot before the installation. Anyway, will try.
    Banned

Leaked WP8 SDK had call block functionality under settings, is this in the final build too?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiiiiiiiii View Post
    Leaked WP8 SDK had call block functionality under settings, is this in the final build too?
    No it isn't. Would like some Do Not Disturb type of function as I am often on call for work and only want certain numbers to wake me up.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Yep, I've had about 7 reboots since Saturday.

Same here about 7 or 8 reboots since Saturday. Although none since yesterday 4pm uk time and phone hasn't been off

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Both reboots I had were after somr time since reboot. Like day or something, but 7-8 is much more then I saw.

Just had my first reboot since I got the phone on Sunday. Wasn't doing anything in particular.. I just felt the phone vibrate in my pocket, took it out to see the HTC screen.

So its 24 hours later and I've not had anymore reboots (down from 4-5). I cant imagine it was the Facebook app but I wont be reinstalling it. Hoping that it doesn't happen again. Maybe someone else who's having reboots could uninstall the FB app to see if it resolves their issue?

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    24 is not enough. If it'll be 48, that would be promising.

Had no reboots today. Then opened the FB app and half an hour later got a reboot. I think it very well may be the Facebook app personally.

A quick update. I've had 2 reboots today. My wife set hers up from o2 yesterday evening and shes just had a reboot too.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    I hope this a minor problem with the early patch and not another sign of HTC's poor quality control.

Quote Originally Posted by Figure 8 Dash View Post
    I hope this a minor problem with the early patch and not another sign of HTC's poor quality control.
    Amen - lovely phone and reboots aren't often but still.... don't expect that on a 400 phone

Passed on to HTC:

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...
    You have been connected to Lewis.
    Lewis: Hi Nick, thank you for contacting HTC Support, I am looking in to your query now.
    Me: thanks
    Lewis: Unfortunately I can't see the link as the Internet we have is restricted to work related sites only. HTC has not yet received confirmation of an issue with the HTC 8X having a rebooting problem.
    Me: ah ok
    Me: you may wish to get someone looking at that
    Me: there are several instances ont he 8X specific thread of reboots
    Me: I've been experiencing about 1 per day
    Me: nearly always when not touching the phone too
    Lewis: Has this occurred on the phone with only stock software?
    Me: yes
    Lewis: Okay I'll pass this information on to our development team. Can I have the following details:
    Lewis: Serial Number
    IMEI
    Firmware Revision number / ROM Version
    OS Version
    Bootloader Version / ROM Date
    Current network provider
    Me: imei xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Me: os version 8.0.9903.10
    Me: firmware revision number 1532.20.10024.401
    Me: hardware revision number 0002
    Me: bootloader version 0.0.1532.20(156943)
    Me: o2
    Me: cant find the serial
    Lewis: It's all right I can get it from the IMEI. If the reboots get worse please get in contact and we can see if a repair can resolve the issue.
    Me: ok - it isnt a dealbreaker but in a 400 phone it isn't really to be expected

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Ok, I will take it to service, but I am afraid, they just return it with message that it didn't happen. Well, I'll see.

At least it is on their radar now - but I'm thinking it is probably a rogue app.

Mine literally just did it!

Just checking in to say it has happened to me too, but one time instead of booting back up it displayed nothing but a big exclamation mark on screen for 30 secs, then rebooted again.
    I think because so many people are seeing issues that it is software. Not even the original 360 had hardware issues this endemic.

Also, I got mine on the third and it didn't reboot at all until yesterday. Since then it has done it three times. Once while I was using the phone.

If it is software, my current theories are that it's something to do with multitasking/background tasks.
    Last edited by Davidmuful; 11-08-2012 at 07:13 AM.

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts
    My 920 has some stability issues as well. It has been stable for the last 48 hours, but it just froze on me as I was trying to download angry birds star wars.

Mine has done two today - seemingly no link I can find without being able to see a log from the OS. Really hope this is software - generally a reboot as the result of hardware would indicate a short or overheating neither of which I think would be happening here.
Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast