LED Notification

GreekboyD

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I heard that the 8X has an LED light for notification. Can some owners please mention how it looks? What colours? Maybe you guys can take a pic or video of it.

Thanks.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
While my black one arrives this weekend, the notification LED is something I was very interested in. Having and LG Optimus 7 since WP launched I always felt that a notification LED can be helpful in a lot ways. To know about missed calls, app notifications, etc.

Anyone who already have it can give us a little inside on the LED light? Thanks!

DonMorris

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
So far I have only noticed it blink red on low battery. It glows red while charging and then turns green on a full charge.

I'll do some testing later for missed calls and messages. Ive been glued to the phone since i got it so haven't missed a thing.

DonMorris

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, there doesn't seem to be any notification for missed calls or SMS. I'm not really too bothered by this. I had LED notifications on my Galaxy Nexus and it gets really annoying after the initial novelty wears off.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, there doesn't seem to be any notification for missed calls or SMS. I'm not really too bothered by this. I had LED notifications on my Galaxy Nexus and it gets really annoying after the initial novelty wears off.

I think it is kind of useless to have an LED light that only serves for charging/low battery. It would be great to have it blink when there are msgs or missed calls, specially when you have it on your desk/table and it is locked.

I guess it won't be that useful after all. Thanks for the info!

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I think it is kind of useless to have an LED light that only serves for charging/low battery. It would be great to have it blink when there are msgs or missed calls, specially when you have it on your desk/table and it is locked.

Yep, this is one of the most gripped about complaints. I'm amazed that this is not a standard feature on this phone.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

It bothers me. This is a brand new phone! I have had a few different model BB's and they all do this simple task. What is more "glance and go"? Glancing at the LED and moving along without even having to pick up the phone or having to punch the power button to look for notification icons?

ajorourke

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
They should at least have the option. I don't think I'd like it, but wouldn't mind test driving.

If they did have the option, it'd be good it were timed. I don't want a giant flare sending out at night when I'm trying to sleep like I get with my work blackberry.

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
On my Radar the led light is solid amber when charging, solid green when finished charging, and blinks green when I have a missed call. I expect the 8X to do the same thing.

runam0k

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if this is a WP8 limitation. Are there any Windows Phones with working notification LEDs?

If there are, I guess we have to hope from an update from HTC.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't missed LED notification's for years.

It's really not hard to click a power button and see what you have missed lol.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't missed LED notification's for years.

It's really not hard to click a power button and see what you have missed lol.

I know. I haven't missed it for a couple of years as well but I think sometimes it would come very handy to just glance on the phone LED and see if you need to pick it up because you have a missed call or a message/mail.

Many times a day I have my phone laying in my desk. It's not hard to press the power button (the LG Optimus can unlock the phone by pressing the physical Win key :D) but you may not need to. It won't hurt to have one in the end.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I know. I haven't missed it for a couple of years as well but I think sometimes it would come very handy to just glance on the phone LED and see if you need to pick it up because you have a missed call or a message/mail.

Many times a day I have my phone laying in my desk. It's not hard to press the power button (the LG Optimus can unlock the phone by pressing the physical Win key :D) but you may not need to. It won't hurt to have one in the end.

I know what you are saying but if you are already holding your phone in your hand and looking at it, it just isn't hard to move your finger over the power button to see what's actually missed.

Now if it blinked different colors for different things (email, calls, text messages... etc) then I could see it being more useful. But the same color for every notification when its right there on the lock screen doesnt matter in my opinion.

I agree, though, it doesn't hurt.

runam0k

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
My phone sits next to my work bberry on my desk and usually at home too. I glance over and one of the devices tells me I have a missed something or other. The other just sits there. A working notification LED would be awesome on the 8X - it has an LED, why not add the option to make it useful?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077