Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    Someone isn't happy that the Lumia still isn't available, I think. :D

Have you heard about the 920's problems?

1) Screens cracking -- even shattering -- if it's dropped. The damage is permanent.

2) Camera doesn't work well, Nokia is promising a software fix "in the coming months."

3) Users have been able to break the USB port by repeatedly shoving the USB cable in upside-down.

4) Several users have reported that baking the Lumia 920 at 300 degrees for 15 minutes has a severe impact on durability and reliability of the unit.
    1) I like to see HTC's screens regenerate after shattering

4) WHO THE **** BAKES A PHONE? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JSern View Post
    1) I like to see HTC's screens regenerate after shattering

4) WHO THE **** BAKES A PHONE? LOL
    whoosh!
    aubreyq, Narr and brmiller1976 like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zipro View Post
    ? So he dropped it and the corner got damaged? I'd say that's pretty normal behavior for any phone :-)

My wife has the 8X and it's completely flawless. She's been using it for a week - looks like new, doesn't have any light leakage, has never rebooted.

I got a 920 and regret it because it feels like a brick in your pocket.
    Post a pic of your 920.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    You told me T-Mobile would have the 8X first. Were you lying? Are you a liar?
    Only for you. And only because I care for you. Deeply. :D

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonMorris View Post

My only gripe with the phone is the mapping software. Coming from Android this is an area which I always knew would be lacking though.
    What specifically don't you like about the mapping software? I'm just curious.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by willied View Post
    What specifically don't you like about the mapping software? I'm just curious.
    Well for starters I really miss street view but my biggest feature request is the ability to lookup an address on my desktop, star it in Google maps and then magically have that location saved on my phone.

Oh, and turn by turn navigation while on foot combined with local transit.

Looks like Microsoft has some work to do.

According to IBTimes review, their device has also started to show wear and tear.

They say the "rubberized" coating is coming off around the USB port, "revealing shiny, black plastic". This phone is really starting to sound like a lemon. Sheesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by strokee View Post
    According to IBTimes review, their device has also started to show wear and tear.

They say the "rubberized" coating is coming off around the USB port, "revealing shiny, black plastic". This phone is really starting to sound like a lemon. Sheesh.
    Yep. So much promise and what not. The 8x is totally off my list now. I just hope those that buy it blame htc and not the wp8 family. It seems as if most review devices are falling apart.

I guess it's like the iPhone 5's andonized aluminum chipping and denting, lol.

Wait...doesn't the 8X have painted andonized aluminum buttons? Can't wait unti we start hearing about the paint chipping off them...

So we have people complaining about supposed "problems" that don't even own one hmmm right.

Nothing wrong with mine that I actually own and use...

Infact out of my WP's so far only my Lumia developed hardware faults.

Quote Originally Posted by Smg-Uk View Post
    So we have people complaining about supposed "problems" that don't even own one hmmm right.

Nothing wrong with mine that I actually own and use...

Infact out of my WP's so far only my Lumia developed hardware faults.
    Read the forums, sparky. There are a bunch of people reporting hands-on issues.
    socialcarpet likes this.

So, another light and thin phone that'll need to be in a case... A shame too, those colors are nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkeyphyst View Post
    So, another light and thin phone that'll need to be in a case... A shame too, those colors are nice.
    I know, right?

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Do you have a link to this statement? I skimmed over the review and found no mention of this?

Do you have a link to this statement? I skimmed over the review and found no mention of this?
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/402570/20121107/htc-windows-phone-8x-review.htm

It's just before the "hardware and connectivity" section. The review also says the phone rebooted 3 times in a week, the battery life wasn't very good and the phone got really hot.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/402570/20121107/htc-windows-phone-8x-review.htm

It's just before the "hardware and connectivity" section. The review also says the phone rebooted 3 times in a week, the battery life wasn't very good and the phone got really hot.
    Ah there it is, thanks. I'm starting to feel lucky that My 8X is flawless so far.

Ah there it is, thanks. I'm starting to feel lucky that My 8X is flawless so far.

There's no reason to feel lucky. Nokia fanboys are just spreading a few issues that "some" have had as flaws every 8X is going to get. Really they should just enjoy their Nokias...
    Smg-Uk likes this.

Read the forums, sparky. There are a bunch of people reporting hands-on issues.
    Obviously because they have the phone I wasn't talking about them....

The 920 has issues as well but since I don't own a 920 I don't feel the sad need to go over to that thread and write something that I have no first hand experience of.

So a few people with issues means that every single phone has poor build quality? Well in that case good luck with your Nokia as well ;).

Obviously because they have the phone I wasn't talking about them....

The 920 has issues as well but since I don't own a 920 I don't feel the sad need to go over to that thread and write something that I have no first hand experience of.

So a few people with issues means that every single phone has poor build quality? Well in that case good luck with your Nokia as well ;).

So, in your world, one is only allowed to talk about a possible flaw if they own the device and have experienced the flaw themselves? I've seen very little fanboy snarkiness in this thread and a lot of concern for the possible validity of the issue, and seeking insight from others, you know, so that people are aware that the problems may exist before making an uninformed purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Munkeyphyst View Post
    So, in your world, one is only allowed to talk about a possible flaw if they own the device and have experienced the flaw themselves? I've seen very little fanboy snarkiness in this thread and a lot of concern for the possible validity of the issue, and seeking insight from others, you know, so that people are aware that the problems may exist before making an uninformed purchase
    Do you want people who own the phone or people who don't own the phone to tell you if there's anything wrong with it....Exactly.

Its not "my world" it's pretty obvious if I was too listen to all the people on the internet who were complaining about something without even knowing what its like because they hadn't actually tried it then I wouldn't end up buying anything.

I started this thread because I am interested in the phone but have concerns.

Do you want people who own the phone or people who don't own the phone to tell you if there's anything wrong with it....Exactly.

Its not "my world" it's pretty obvious if I was too listen to all the people on the internet who were complaining about something without even knowing what its like because they hadn't actually tried it then I wouldn't end up buying anything.

I want both. I want first person testimonials, even ones that indicate they don't have issues. I want interested third parties who have insight and thoughts related to the issue, who might even pass along articles that support or rebuff the claims. Lack of ownership should not exclude one from contributing to the discussion.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Unlike most people writing bad things about it here, I actually own the HTC 8X. I can confirm that in a dark room, you see light leaking from the touch buttons out through the microUSB port, but other than that, no issues whatsoever.

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    All these issues along with the not-so-great battery life I have finally decided I am getting the 822.

Ok, so thought i would chime in now ive had the phone a full week and put it through some heavy use. The phone reboots have now stopped havent had one for 3 days, i havent removed any apps as some have been doing but since the xbox music and htc app updates everything is fine. Ive dropped the phone twice. Once on purpose screen down onto concrete and have also had it in my lap forgot about it being there and had it slide across the floor. On both occaisions ive managed to get away without a scratch to the screen or the blue coating. I have also not had any light leaking from the mini usb at the bottom of the phone.
    I cannot leave this phone alone so its hardly ever out of my hand it feels great and have never seen a phone with a screen that is this sharp, those live tiles really pop on the 8X. Its a perfect size to be used with one hand, the beats audio makes a huge difference to the sound quality, the front camera is amazing for a 2.1 megapixel the wide angle shots are brilliant. I cannot find fault with this phone anywhere. The battery life is standard i can get a days heavy use out of it and leave it to charge overnight and havent had any overheating either. I can honestly say you couldnt give me a 920 to make me give up my 8X

Addition - Just read this back after posting - didnt realise i'd become an 8X fanboy.
    Last edited by martinmc78; 11-09-2012 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Addition
    Smg-Uk likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast