Poor Voice Quality?

1414H77

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I want the 8X, but this review at Pocketnow, which I usually find reliable, says phone voice quality is very poor. Any other experiences here with call quality?

http://m.pocketnow.com/2012/11/06/htc-windows-phone-8x-review

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I just saw that review within the hour. I have probably read 15-20 reviews on this phone and that is the only one I recall NOT saying the complete opposite.

It caught my attention immediately due to the contradiction from the other reviews.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I just saw that review within the hour. I have probably read 15-20 reviews on this phone and that is the only one I recall NOT saying the complete opposite.

It caught my attention immediately due to the contradiction from the other reviews.

Just so I get this right, all the other reviews you read said the quality was good? I am getting kind of worried that the 8X might be poor quality.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I would be really surprised if it was anywhere near bad since my Trophy has (what I consider to be) very good voice quality.

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Yep i have had a Mozart & Trophy and the call quality has been very good much better than the Lumia 800 i also owned.

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, it caught my attention too, as the voice quality, in both directions, was pointed out to be really good by every other review I read.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
The comment from the reviewer about the voice quality being poor surprised me. I think almost every smartphone out there has more than adequate call quality and reception. I can't see one being called poor on this side except it's a factory defect or something wrong with he handset he reviewed.

I will test it as soon as it arrives in the next days and I will post my experience. Every review said that the voice quality was on par with pretty much everyone else.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If he did the test right after Sandy hit NYC then yea the voice quality would be very poor, then again it would be very poor on all mobile sets as well.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Have had the 8X since last Friday - the call quality is outstanding. Its incredibly crisp and clear, think the beats audio amplifies the incoming speech.

tony maisonet

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
My wife just go the Verizon Windows 8X Blue phone(NEW) and this phone has the worst call quality that I ever heard, bar none.
She is at home & work in NJ while I am at work in NY and I really I hate talking to her while on that phone and specially while connecting to her 2012 Dodge Durango's Bluetooth.
For what ever is worth I work as a customer tech support for a company with over 1,500 users and I had never encounter such a bad quality call on any other phone, ever.

Tony M

:angry:

tbsteph1

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Well, something is definitely wrong. I have an 8X on Verizon where the call quality is excellent via the phone or a bluetooth headset. Personally, I would try resetting the device to see if it helps. Otherwise, I would contact Verizon.

Westiemom

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Oh my gosh! You have got to be kidding! Call quality is one of the things I like most about my 8X! It's very good! I'm amazed because my experience is so opposite! My husband commented not long after I got it that I sounded so much clearer than on the GNex I'd had before. We're in Tennessee, so don't know if location has anything to do with it, but call quality was really crappy on the GNex. ??

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm a phone *****, and I can tell you the call quality is phenomenal. No BlackBerry, no Android, no iPhone I've had comes close.
Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

17carter

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
The 8x is a very good phone for calls pocketnow is smoking crack. When im talking to someone on my iPhone 4s (work phone) att I had my brother call me on my 8x iPhone was going dead he said wow that sounds way better have had a few other people comment about it to plus the speaker phone is also great unlike the iPhone/ gnex sound like tiny voices cracking the 8x sounds much more full

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad