Flawless 8x? Post here!

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
If you have an 8x that is working flawlessly post your experience here. There are quite a few 8x issues threads which is typical for a device. Might as well get some input on the good devices, if there are any.

DonMorris

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
No problems here. No reboots, chipping, light bleed or anything else for that matter.

It is just like any other device, iPhone included, there will be a very vocal minority and a silent yet satisfied majority.

RussST24

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Had mine 3 days now. Working great.
No quality issues still looks great and the finish is perfect.
There is light bleed through the USB port on the bottom of the device but its not noticeable unless you go looking for it or in the dark and you see a small light on the palm of your hand.
No issue for me, its designed that way.

Russ

Munkeyphyst

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
This thread is silly. If 3% of a product line has an issue, it's of no value to point to the 97% and say there is no problem. nobody says that every iPhone 5 has scratches on delivery, but they are scratch prone. It's of value to the consumers to know that. The 920 has some issues with daytime photos, starting a thread and saying YOU never experienced it doesn't make the daytime photo issues go away. I'm glad you all have had a great experience with your phones. please don't feel personally attacked if others have had problems, as a potential 8X buyer, I want to know about problems that may inform my purchasing decisions. Enjoy your phones and your thread.

_Reserved

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
This thread is silly. If 3% of a product line has an issue, it's of no value to point to the 97% and say there is no problem. nobody says that every iPhone 5 has scratches on delivery, but they are scratch prone. It's of value to the consumers to know that. The 920 has some issues with daytime photos, starting a thread and saying YOU never experienced it doesn't make the daytime photo issues go away. I'm glad you all have had a great experience with your phones. please don't feel personally attacked if others have had problems, as a potential 8X buyer, I want to know about problems that may inform my purchasing decisions. Enjoy your phones and your thread.
I think it's useful. My carrier (Bell Canada) is getting the 8X, so if I get a WP8 device that is likely what I would get. I could get an unlocked 920, but that would cost me about $600 more and it isn't $600 better than the 8x.

Seeing that there are actually a number of people happy with their purchases makes me and other prospective buyers less apprehensive about getting one.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site

Hate much? Let people make threads about what they want. You hear alot about the bad things on a phone all the time. You need to hear some good stuff whether it's useful or not. If the moderators allow it, then go be pissed off somewhere else.

Munkeyphyst

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Hate much? Let people make threads about what they want. You hear alot about the bad things on a phone all the time. You need to hear some good stuff whether it's useful or not. If the moderators allow it, then go be pissed off somewhere else.

I'm not hating or pissed off. :D I sincerely hope you enjoy your phones and have no issues. I live the look of the 8X and may be getting one for my wife. My assertions stand though, it's of no value to create a "we have no issues" thread in response to others discussing issues that do exist. No hate from me, and I don't know why I would be pissed. Viva la WP!

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not hating or pissed off. :D I sincerely hope you enjoy your phones and have no issues. I live the look of the 8X and may be getting one for my wife. My assertions stand though, it's of no value to create a "we have no issues" thread in response to others discussing issues that do exist. No hate from me, and I don't know why I would be pissed. Viva la WP!

I disagree that it has no value. I am planning on getting an 8x and I come here and see all of the threads with problems. If all I see is negative I get impression it is 97% with problems not other way around. Nice to see good ones as well.

adroit9

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I`ve had mine since Thursday, and so far no issues whatsoever. Sure, that power button can at times be kind of tricky to press up on top, but nothing to worry about. I had read quite a few reviews and forum threads about some problems with inconsistent battery life, but so far mine has performed admirably, even beating out my Nokia Lumia 800 (7.5), which was amazing for me.

I have the California Blue UK model, btw, and I`m really digging it.

-Scienide-

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine since the 2nd of November here in the UK. Its working perfectly. No problems, flaws or errors of any kind. My biggest gripe so far has been the battery life. The battery isn't awful, its just not quite as good as the iPhone 4S which means I've had to learn how to manage it a bit more.

_Reserved

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Led

I've had mine since the 2nd of November here in the UK. Its working perfectly. No problems, flaws or errors of any kind. My biggest gripe so far has been the battery life. The battery isn't awful, its just not quite as good as the iPhone 4S which means I've had to learn how to manage it a bit more.

That's a bit worrying. I have a question about the LED. Does it notify you about missed calls, texts, etc. or is it just for the battery status?

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
That's a bit worrying. I have a question about the LED. Does it notify you about missed calls, texts, etc. or is it just for the battery status?

There's a thread in here about the LED. Some guys have said that currently it only serves for low battery or charging status.

IceDree

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I disagree that it has no value. I am planning on getting an 8x and I come here and see all of the threads with problems. If all I see is negative I get impression it is 97% with problems not other way around. Nice to see good ones as well.

Same here, I'm also planning to get an 8X .
Its always good to read about people's experiences with a device ... whether its good or bad, but if all I find is people having problems with it, I may have second thoughts & change my mind especially when I'm gonna spend 533 dollars on it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99