Carrier Compatibility?

wpdev

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Any chance the same 8X will work on both Verizon and T-mobile if I can unlock it?

Does it even have those bands or would I have to get a separate device for each carrier?

Thanx

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
The VZ Trophy supports all but AWS. I remember when I got it they mentioned it would be usable on AT&T but not tmobile. I would guess being another HTC that would be the case with the 8X but I can't say for sure. Of course, it should be a non-issue once tmobile finishes their refarm.

wpdev

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
The VZ Trophy supports all but AWS. I remember when I got it they mentioned it would be usable on AT&T but not tmobile. I would guess being another HTC that would be the case with the 8X but I can't say for sure. Of course, it should be a non-issue once tmobile finishes their refarm.

Interesting...I have a VZ Trophy too and didn't even think about trying that with my T-Mobile SIM Card. So I just got the Trophy unlocked and put in my T-Mobile SIM card and it's working @ 3G speed. :cool:

So now I'm hopefull the HTC 8X will work as well. Any news today?

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Interesting...I have a VZ Trophy too and didn't even think about trying that with my T-Mobile SIM Card. So I just got the Trophy unlocked and put in my T-Mobile SIM card and it's working @ 3G speed. :cool:

So now I'm hopefull the HTC 8X will work as well. Any news today?
Looks like your earlier post was correct. According to Verizon, the 8X supports the same bands as the Trophy. So it should work the same way, provided you can get it unlocked.

wpdev

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
So essentially all carriers are getting the same device?

Do you think the 8X will work @ 4G speed on T-Mobile?

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So essentially all carriers are getting the same device?

Do you think the 8X will work @ 4G speed on T-Mobile?
Verizon's version is different. Not only because of the wireless charging and CDMA support, but it also doesn't support the AWS bands as KeegdnaB42 mentioned. So it won't work for T-Mo in non-refarmed areas.

4G, I'm not sure about. Maybe someone who knows more about T-Mo can step in and clarify here.

wpdev

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so I have an upgrade path on T-Mobile right now but not on Verizon (would have to pay full price).

It seems likely the Verizon version will work on T-Mobile but what about vice-versa?

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so I have an upgrade path on T-Mobile right now but not on Verizon (would have to pay full price).

It seems likely the Verizon version will work on T-Mobile but what about vice-versa?

T-Mobile phone on Verizon won't work. Most higher end Verizon phones are global ready so they have a GSM radio in addition to CDMA/LTE to allow compatibility overseas. It just so happens that also allows them to be used on the GSM carriers in the US if the appropriate bands are enabled (most support at&t now but they didn't a few years ago like when I had my old blackberry).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans