Visual Voicemail?

squimjay

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I am going to be switching from an AT&T Samsung Focus to a Verizon HTC 8X (California Blue). Does visual voicemail just work on the 8X or does it cost extra to add that feature?

Anybody know?

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
My understanding is VV just works on AT&T for devices that support it which I think all WP8 (And the later WP7.x) devices do. Haven't gotten my phone to try it yet though.

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
Visual Voicemail on Android, iOS, and Windows Phone is included if you have the correct data plan provisioned. If not, call 611 or go into a corporate AT&T store. What these other guys are referring to is Voicemail to Text, which is a $2.99 feature.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes VZW charges for VVM, but they don't support it on WP unless they suddenly changed that.

I believe they do support WP phones now. It's just not free like it is on the iPhone because apple forces it to run in the OS so carriers cant charge for it.

Getintothegame

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I believe they do support WP phones now. It's just not free like it is on the iPhone because apple forces it to run in the OS so carriers cant charge for it.

This is correct. Android users also have to pay the extra $2.99 a month to get visual voicemail.

It's not available for WP7.x (i.e. Trophy), but Verizon will support Visual Voicemail on WP8.

AlexNYC

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
On AT&T, this screenshot should answer your questions on Visual Voicemail: not available before Nov 15th

I had to call AT&T CSR to roll back my unlimited data plan, that they changed to a 3GB plan when I upgraded my phone (very annoying) and then I had to call back to ask with the VVM was not working.
Then they activated the unlimited data plan with VVM

So many things !!!!!!!!

Love my Lumia 920

(by the way, pre-ordered on the phone on the 7th and got it by express FEDEX on the 8th, before the wireless pad charger)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon