HTC failed to deliver to AT&T store, I hope not to Verizon too

Daniel0418

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I am super excited about the HTC 8x coming to Verizon. I have been waiting for a long time to try Windows Phone. Here is the problem. In my excitement, knowing the 8X and 920 launched on at&t yesterday, I went to 2 different AT&T stores to try them out and ran into the exact same problem in both. There was an 8X working that I could play with, but the manager said they still have not received any HTC8x to sell. However, there were plenty of Lumina 920s for sale. So 2 different flagship AT&T stores in Los Angeles have HTC 8X demo units, but no phones to actually sell to customers. My girlfriend and I are super excited to each get these phones, and I really hope Verizon stores have them in stock on launch day.

1414H77

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Nearly the same problem. Went to two AT&T corporate stores on launch day. They had not received any shipments of the HTC 8x and also did not have any units to try. I checked with other corporate stores in the region- same problem. Pretty poor way to have a launch day. There were lots of people coming into the stores to try/buy.

Goodeye

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I know with a couple of the ATT stores I went to before I found one with a Nokia 920, that they were expecting shipments of the 8X later that day and today (The Saturday after launch)

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Keckpec29

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Makes me glad Im a Verizon customer. I went to our ATT store to get a charging plate for my upcoming Verizon 8x on the 9th, it was noon and they didn't even have the 920 or 8x out yet and the charging plates hadn't even arrived yet. Im glad I wasn't an excited ATT customer waiting that day to get a new windows phone.

MojoHand69

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I am also a Verizon customer and went to ATT today to check out the Nokia 920 and HTC 8X. ATT customer service sucks by the way. Their staff was unknowledgeable and unexcited about either phone. Both phones were on display but for some reason the 8X was not plugged and not working. Oddly the ATT store had no other working 8X demos. ATT is doing HTC no favors. I admit the 920 is gorgeous and the weight is not bad. I might even consider it if I was an ATT customer. That said, I preordered the 8X today and will use during the 14 day trial period before I make my final decision.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss