Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
    Okay so apparently Verizon employees don't understand the difference between the 8xs and the 822. Two of my local verizons I asked if they had the windows phone 8xs in stock and they said yes. Turns out they were talking about the 822.

My local verizons don't have the 8xs either....
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

I think I'm going to pick up an 822 today and just exchange it when my 8x pre-order comes in. At least I'll have something to play with to easy me WP8 crack addiction haha

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    So if they didn't ship ANY 8x out, I wonder if this has anything to do with the reboots?
    And new flash my local best buy doesn't know what an 8x is. Lady had to call a few people to say its only available online.
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    And new flash my local best buy doesn't know what an 8x is. Lady had to call a few people to say its only available online.
    Haha isn't Best Buy grand? I remember when I worked there years ago, training was actually something managers cared about...Today? If it isn't Apple, its "No, windows doesn't make a phone, you must be thinking of some new Android phone"

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Think I will got pickup a Nokia 822 instead today...

I understand the reasoning that HTC didn't supply the phones on time. Things like that happen and I get that. Here is what I don't understand.

1. Verizon answering questions with totally inconsistent answers. If you don't know the answer to something, call somebody who does. Don't lie or "wing it". That's just awful customer service and you're going to upset a ton of people with misinformation.

3. If i'm "pre-ordering" something, I'm understanding that I'm putting dibs on the first of the units. Why are stores getting their phones in stock before I am at least getting a shipping label put on mine?

I'm an understanding person to these sort of things. I'm a retail manager myself. This is just awful.
    11B1P likes this.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Just called my local store to see if they had any 8X's. He said no. Wants me to check back at noon when they get there shipments. Still waiting on my preorder?

Global Posts
    1,037 Global Posts
    Should this supply issue be a level of concern going forward enough to make me not get the 8x at all and go with the 822?
    Verizon Wireless at Williamstown / Turnersville

2090 N Black Horse Pike
    Williamstown, NJ 08094
    (856) 740-6200

Just called. The shipment literally just arrived. They are scanning them into their system now! Hope this helps someone =)

Just got a call from my local store, they recieved thier shippment. Trying to cancel my preorder, she says it hasn't been billed but she could not cancel?? Just spoke to the her supervisor and she has to submit a ticket for cancellation, they must be close to shipping out. She also told me that an order is not chaged to your account until it has a shipping #. Good news for you that have been charged!

I am off to the Verizon store to get my baby!:):P

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    To those that find 8Xs in store today, you should clarify what color is available in store... Good luck!

Yea I'm gonna have to go with "pics or it didn't happen"
    Thanked by:

The store at i45 and Woodridge in Houston TX has 2 more black 8x phones.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by jkarasch View Post
    I understand the reasoning that HTC didn't supply the phones on time. Things like that happen and I get that. Here is what I don't understand.

1. Verizon answering questions with totally inconsistent answers. If you don't know the answer to something, call somebody who does. Don't lie or "wing it". That's just awful customer service and you're going to upset a ton of people with misinformation.

3. If i'm "pre-ordering" something, I'm understanding that I'm putting dibs on the first of the units. Why are stores getting their phones in stock before I am at least getting a shipping label put on mine?

I'm an understanding person to these sort of things. I'm a retail manager myself. This is just awful.
    I agree with you 100% on these points.

I dont mind that I have to wait longer if I'm told that in advance. But we pre-ordered with the notion that it would ship by 11/13. Only on 11/14 did some people start getting emails that it did not ship yet. I didn't even receive that email.

I am hopeful that 8X Blue ship by 11/19 as currently stated on their website but I am not holding my breath any longer. Verizon and HTC handled this poorly. Just give me some timely updates if you can't deliver as promised. I'm rather reasonable ;)

Local corporate store; getting 3 in today he says, one is probably gonna be a demonstration phone. Didn't know the colors, told me to call back at like 4 or 5 and ask for him.
    I asked him to confirm it was the HTC one and he said it was; they have the Lumia already.

Another store says they have a few of them; black only.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGeorge View Post
    Here is the status of your Pre-order:
    We received your order and it is in process. Payment not taken yet.
    Expected Ship Date: Not available at this time.

That's what I find when I look up the order status online. I spoke with a rep on the phone last night who confirmed my payment was taken. I know that because after speaking with a local store who told me they have plenty in stock and I could come in anytime and they'd have enough, I got angry and called verizon. If they could ship to the stores, why couldn't they ship to the people that ordered the phones?

The rep said she didn't know, but I couldn't cancel my order because I was charged already and had to wait until this morning when a tracking number was assigned so. That angered me even more, but what can I do? I give up with this company. She admitted there was no guarantee I would get it this weekend. Might be next week, no telling.

Said I'll get it when fedex delivers it. hahahaha. What a horrible company. Really is. If it is too big that have of it doesn't know what's going on, it's too big and poorly managed!!! This company has past the MC=ATC point!
    What is the cutoff for cancelling the order? I know once they charge your card the option to cancel is no longer available on the site..but I'd think if we don't have a tracking number or status then the package has not been processed or shipped yet. Aggravating that we can't just go pick it up in store (if available) and have to wait potentially longer than ppl who just pop into the store.

Quote Originally Posted by sabi View Post
    I haven't been charged. Ordered blue 8x right when the preorders went live.
    Same here, ordered about 8pm Friday evening, central time zone. All I've seen is the memo that it wouldn't be shipping as expected and no further information. Load 'o Crap!

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    Okay so apparently Verizon employees don't understand the difference between the 8xs and the 822. Two of my local verizons I asked if they had the windows phone 8xs in stock and they said yes. Turns out they were talking about the 822.

My local verizons don't have the 8xs either....
    Seems that way for mine too. I posted earlier that my store does have 8X's in stock (according to the sales rep), but when I called an hour later to verify before driving over there, they had none and said maybe this afternoon.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    I went to two stores and the first one didnt have them (said they already had them in stock) and the 2nd one I called had 3 in the Black one so I canceled my order and bought it there. I wanted the blue one but thought the black looks classier.

Global Posts
    1,037 Global Posts
    My local store had plenty of 822s but no 8x's. They said area stores already had them today so he expected them today. I did play around with the 822 and WOW. It is much nicer then it appears online and I may end up with it instead. Everybody set on the 8X go see the 822 in person and see what you think..
    Thanked by:
    11B1P 
    schartzr likes this.

Global Posts
    824 Global Posts
    most stores SHOULD be receiving the 8x in stock at some point today. just keep trying.

Are they only getting black in store?

I ran into two different Verizon stores in the Des Moines, IA area and called a franchise store. One store had a few of the black model earlier but already sold them, according to the employee. The other store in Clive(suburb) didn't have any and neither did the franchise store I called, though they offered to "pre-order" one, hahaha! Both of the stores I visited had the 822 and I didn't even bother with them simply because I've been set with wanting the 8X. It's like Harold and Kumar going to White Castle, once you finally get it in your hands, it's the greatest feeling ever, so I'll be patient, lol.

The store that had them didn't know when the blue model would be in, they assumed Monday since that's what the website claims. I still have my business pre-order in and plan on keeping it since I have the blue model ordered, apparently nobody has reported these in stock.

So long as I can have it by Thanksgiving, I'll survive, lol.