Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sabi View Post
    darn... sorry to hear. Soon enough you'll have your phone.
    Yeah, I'm fine with waiting until Monday if it does in fact ship. My concern is all the problems I've had along the way, like my initial order error and subsequent cancellation, and that I've never received that "appology" email or anything like that.

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I also didn't say but I ended up getting the black 8x. VERY happy I did...I think the blue would have had some novelty, but then would've worn off!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agpe17 View Post
    She's a beaut...
    Very interesting. This looks much more vibrant than the ones that were on display at AT&T.

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Getintothegame View Post
    Very interesting. This looks much more vibrant than the ones that were on display at AT&T.

I've gotta say, I absolutely love the display. Bright. Crisp. I keep my brightness on HIGH, of course!

Any more pics you guys need, I'd love to show!

Quote Originally Posted by Agpe17 View Post
    I've gotta say, I absolutely love the display. Bright. Crisp. I keep my brightness on HIGH, of course!

Any more pics you guys need, I'd love to show!
    More pics, sure! How are the blacks? Are they deep and rich?

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I think the blacks are nice and deep, and the white shines off it well...

This is at MEDIUM brightness!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo-1.jpg   photo-2.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    Matt Levan likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unhappy 23 Yr VZW Customer View Post
    EVIL: Please Upload PDF of Phone User Manual to forum so we suckers waiting on an email have something to drool on over the weekend while we wait and wait and wait...
    Here's an image set. Tried PDF but was unable to get it down to a size that was readable and still fit on the board. It's pretty bad but it will work if you're bored.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails front.jpg   backman.jpg  

Congratulations to all who got the phone, I hope you guys enjoy it very much. I called Verizon customer service to see if I could get more info on new shipping date. The lady put me on hold for a while and when she returned she ask me what color y had ordered. When I said blue she told me that the shipping date is Nov-19, it could ship before but they can't tell for sure. Well I hope that date is firm and it doesn't turn into another disappointment. I ordered mine on Nov-9 around 8 pm. I will try to be patient since I don't have a choice now.

This is a conspiracy. WPCentral paid Verizon to delay the preorders so everyone would make accounts here to complain and their monthly active user count goes up.

Wow, so I just got a second tracking number. Looks like this one is my HTC. Jeez. Looking forward to Monday... I guess, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceCL View Post
    Wow, so I just got a second tracking number. Looks like this one is my HTC. Jeez. Looking forward to Monday... I guess, lol.
    When did it ship?

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Odd I just checked my status and I have a tracking number with a ship date of 11/14 which is odd because i just spoke to a rep that said I was still in the processing stage. Also the number doesn't work on the Fed Ex site.
    Credit card charge posted, fedex track email. Fedex shows Monday 4:30 PM delivery with INDIRECT SIGNATURE required, see below:

If your package was shipped with the Indirect Signature Release option, you may leave a signed and dated handwritten note on the door instructing the driver to leave the package at your door.

The first one was picked up @ 11:20am (Droid 4?)
    The second one was picked up @ 5:16pm (HTC?)

Tracking states both will be delivered before 7:00pm on Monday, the 19th.

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    So I had to jump through some hoops but finally was able to get my black 8x in store last night!

I preordered on Monday, rep told me it would ship Tuesday - yesterday I called customer service and had them put a ticket in to cancel my original order as I wanted to just pick it up in store...luckily I had 2 lines available for early upgrade, as I was told mu upgrade eligibility on the original line would not change back until 24 hrs after cancellation.

After using another line to upgrade, I got a shipment notification for my preorder 😒 but I suppose I just refuse delivery when it comes so I can get my refund for that order.

Good luck to all still waiting! 8x is an amazing device. Battery life is meh, I charged to 100% last night at about 1130, its 630am now and I have about 50%. Granted, I have been fiddling with it for about an hour and a half.

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by corn.chowder View Post
    So I had to jump through some hoops but finally was able to get my black 8x in store last night!

I preordered on Monday, rep told me it would ship Tuesday - yesterday I called customer service and had them put a ticket in to cancel my original order as I wanted to just pick it up in store...luckily I had 2 lines available for early upgrade, as I was told mu upgrade eligibility on the original line would not change back until 24 hrs after cancellation.

After using another line to upgrade, I got a shipment notification for my preorder 😒 but I suppose I just refuse delivery when it comes so I can get my refund for that order.

Good luck to all still waiting! 8x is an amazing device. Battery life is meh, I charged to 100% last night at about 1130, its 630am now and I have about 50%. Granted, I have been fiddling with it for about an hour and a half.
    Wow . That is just the opposite I was told when I canceled my preorder. She said the upgrade option was reversed immediately so that when I got to the store I could do it there. And I did. Writing this on my new black 8x. :). Love it.

I'm really liking the 8x so far, can really tell a difference over my Droid X... now dealing with Verizon on the other hand not so much. After delay and then no follow up information, not even the apology email, about the only thing I could tell was that my credit card had been charged, but hadn't shipped yet. Went to the store on the off chance they had one, which they did. Spent about a half hour trying to cancel the order at which point I decided to go ahead and get the phone since I was paying for it outright to keep my unlimited data. Tried to cancel the preorder at home, but forgot the special billing number they had so couldn't even talk to a service rep, went back to the store to get the number and while waiting received the email that it had shipped... 4 hours earlier.

If I had received the email earlier would have waited till Monday, but since before that it was unknown if it would even get here next week I feel good about the decision and will just return the preordered one when it comes in.

I will say that I will never preorder anything again with Verizon as it was just a horrible nightmare... You should always have your preorders taken care of before the store shipments, if they could get them to the store on launch day there's no reason, especially after promising a shipping date, that it couldn't be on my front door the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by nmercy View Post
    I'm really liking the 8x so far, can really tell a difference over my Droid X... now dealing with Verizon on the other hand not so much. After delay and then no follow up information, not even the apology email, about the only thing I could tell was that my credit card had been charged, but hadn't shipped yet. Went to the store on the off chance they had one, which they did. Spent about a half hour trying to cancel the order at which point I decided to go ahead and get the phone since I was paying for it outright to keep my unlimited data. Tried to cancel the preorder at home, but forgot the special billing number they had so couldn't even talk to a service rep, went back to the store to get the number and while waiting received the email that it had shipped... 4 hours earlier.

If I had received the email earlier would have waited till Monday, but since before that it was unknown if it would even get here next week I feel good about the decision and will just return the preordered one when it comes in.

I will say that I will never preorder anything again with Verizon as it was just a horrible nightmare... You should always have your preorders taken care of before the store shipments, if they could get them to the store on launch day there's no reason, especially after promising a shipping date, that it couldn't be on my front door the same day.
    I completely agree with you. I also got the tracking number last night that it's scheduled for Monday. I didn't appreciate that I could drive 1 block from my work and buy one yesterday if I wouldn't have put that pre-order in.

So now I'm beginning to wonder why all of this happened. Was it really HTC that goofed or Verizon. I'm thinking that the response to the pre-order caught Verizon by surprise. So much so they began to wonder if they reserved enough stock to supply the stores, having underestimated demand overall. They create this issue, supplier delay, so that they can rearrange stock to have a bit more at the store level so they wouldn't be in the news having too few phones to fill the demand. Having ordered too few phones to begin with, they probably didn't have enough to fill all of the pre-orders, so this artificial crisis gave them some more time to have HTC get a few more to them, and someone for Verizon to blame.

Wow, I must be paranoid this morning, lol. Might need a little more sleep :)

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Anyone have any updates about blue 8x.

Went to the store asked if they had any 8X's "no only the nokia." I explain the pre-order fiasco. Guy says " the other store might have some, let me call them" goes off, comes back with 3 boxes "which color would you like?" Wanted a Blue but after seeing it, got the black.

I logged a complaint on VZW's website yesterday morning as my phone was suppose to ship on 11/13. In my complaint, I requested a next day shipping upgrade. I got a phone call and email response today that said:

"I am very sorry about the delay with receiving the new phone, I show that the phone order was placed after 10:30 AM on 11/09/2012; orders placed after 10:30 AM were expected to ship by 11/15/2012, which is what took place. At this time, switching the shipping to next day will not make a difference due to the weekend, your phone will still be delivered on Monday."

As it turns out I received my FEDEX tracking number last night for the free 2nd day delivery. Due largely to FEDEX efficiency, I actually received my phone at work today. Funny thing is that a lot of misunderstanding and frustration could have been alleviated by a simple update provided by VZW via email.

I pre-ordered the blue 8x on Friday morning (11/9). I just called *611 and got a recorded message saying they were sorry that the order wasn't shipped on time, and that I will get an email with shipping information within 5-7 business days!. "No other information is available"!

so some stores are getting Blue ones today?

It seems like it must be an HTC problem since red and blue are delayed even further. I wonder why the colors would be harder to manufactur though.