11-27-2012 03:50 PM
- *If* you can buy it in-store tomorrow. If they can't ship the pre-orders, can they ship them to stores? Certainly worth the call tomorrow a.m. to find out but I'm not canceling until I know they have one and I can get it. Might even buy it in store and then cancel. The odds that it ships while I'm buying in-store are pretty slim. Of course, I just jinxed myself. :)11-14-2012 09:52 AM
I know that is off topic, just wanted to tell somebody lol11-14-2012 09:55 AM
- 11-14-2012 09:56 AM
- From what I've read, a good hunch would be that Verizon is having trouble allocating 8Xs to preorders, so why should we think there are magically large numbers waiting at retail stores. It's possible, but I'd think if they had stock waiting at stores, they'd have stock in a warehouse to fulfill preorders.
How are some people saying "it should've been DELIVERED already" while others say "there's no shipping or update for you." It just befuddles me completely...logistically! Like I want to ask "what SCREEN are YOU looking at" to see where their BRAINS are processing this from.11-14-2012 10:00 AM
I'm gonna call my local Verizon and see if they'll have them in store tomorrow am. If they do, cancelling immediately, going there.11-14-2012 10:05 AM
I wouldn't trust what they say until you see the phones in store.
Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 211-14-2012 10:05 AM
- Haha yeah that's the SHAFT for employees. And sweet irony...working for big red, but not being able to taste the fruits of your labor directly.
I'm gonna call my local Verizon and see if they'll have them in store tomorrow am. If they do, cancelling immediately, going there.11-14-2012 10:06 AM
- My order status still indicates its expected to ship by 11/13...
I think, as many have already mentioned, my biggest issue is there is no straight answer about what's going on. I fully expected to have a tracking number this morning based on the fact their website indicated "Ship By 11/13".
I guess I can't be TOO upset as I was (still am) a Sprint customer. I would be waiting well into 2013, so what's another day or two?11-14-2012 10:10 AM
- All sales people are busy, trying back on my lunch break.
I'll also post back with the text from the VZW rep about "my order" (i-e- ALL of yours essentially as well...)
She said she emailed the actual warehouse where the phones are to get an update.11-14-2012 10:11 AMLike 1
- Hello everyone, first time poster here. I pre-ordered through Best Buy, so I have even less info to go on than the rest of you folks. When it comes to Verizon and pre-ordering, for me its always been a nightmare (mainly because the devices I pre-order wind up being the IT items they never truly expected to happen).
I pre-ordered from best buy simply because I get more from it. They'll price match the $549 buyout price from Verizon, I get 60 days to return/exchange it since I'm a Silver Reward Zone Member, and I'll get about $60-$75 in reward zone gift certs from the purchase. BUT! That comes at a loss of not knowing ANYTHING from the talking blue shirts about delivery dates.
According to the department manager at my local store here in Las Cruces, NM they will have a Verizon Rep in store for a "massive Windows Phone 8 launch" this Friday; Take that for what its worth, but I've seen a few posts asking when Best Buy pre-orders would come in, hope it helps.11-14-2012 10:29 AM
- Well something interesting to add. I canceled my pre-order to get the Droid DNA since I was on the fence. So just now on phone listing page it shows a release date for the blue 8x on the 19th the red 11/27th but interestingly there's no ship by date for the black 8x as if it's available today. My order was for the black and it was still showing a ship by date of 11/13 though under order status.11-14-2012 10:47 AM
- Hi guys! I'm begging to get off my HTC Thunderbolt but I guess a few more days won't kill me. I went to our local Verizon store a few days ago to ask questions about it and the employee I talked to was absolutely confused when talking about the Windows Phone or any idea when they were coming in, so I called one of my friends that works for Verizon on the other side of my town and he is expecting them to hit the store early next week.
I hope like the rest of you 5 minutes from now a man from the preorder factory will grab his rocket pack and fly it to me, but I'm guessing that's not an option. The phones being late I totally understand. It also looks like, from reading your posts, that communication has been terrible with Verizon. That's a shame. Also, a big thanks to kpxstar9 for helping out and explaining stuff. I can clearly tell you're doing your best to figure this all out for us. I've been reading here for days but this is the first time I've posted.11-14-2012 10:53 AM
- "If it makes you all feel any better my order for the surface went the same way.
I ordered surface, was told would recieve it on specific date. Customer service said was shipped but provided no track number.
Day it was to arrive, my credit card was charged, I recieved tracking number, by mid day I had my tablet."
From the verizon forum.
I will stay hopeful until tomorrow.11-14-2012 11:05 AM
- The fact that I was able to cancel my order so quickly makes me think they are a few days from shipping. If they were processing the order to ship today they wouldn't have allowed me to cancel. Now one thought is maybe they will ship tomorrow and overnight em for Friday delivery, but that 1080p screen on the DNA was calling to me. :/11-14-2012 11:11 AM
- So I called customer service and they said my phone has not shipped yet (pre-ordered on the 9th). Problem is, all of next week I'm going to be at my parents house (I live in another state) so since the phone did not ship today I needed to change the ship address to my parents house. They said they need to submit a shipping address change form to do that, and will let me know once that has been submitted and completed. Now, I assume that they submit that form to the warehouse, so if my phone has already shipped without customer service knowing, the warehouse will pass that info on since they can't change my ship address. So, when Verizon contacts me to let me know my shipping address got changed, I'll update here what they tell me.11-14-2012 11:19 AM
- The fact that I was able to cancel my order so quickly makes me think they are a few days from shipping. If they were processing the order to ship today they wouldn't have allowed me to cancel. Now one thought is maybe they will ship tomorrow and overnight em for Friday delivery, but that 1080p screen on the DNA was calling to me. :/
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 211-14-2012 11:31 AM
- Just adding more experiences. Called customer support and asked every question I could think of.
In my case, my order is verified and it waiting for a tracking number to be generated at the warehouse. Verizon stores are getting them 11/15. Called my local store to confirm this also.
You can cancel your order if there has not been a tracking number generated. My tracking number should be generated between now and tomorrow morning, according to the rep. However, if a tracking number has been generated you can still keep in-store purchase as an option. Since my tracking number hasn't been generated, I was told Friday will be the earliest it will be delivered.
If you go to the store tomorrow and they have the phone, you can purchase it there instead. If you don't have a tracking number generated yet, it can be cancelled without any hassle. If you already have a tracking number at the time of your in-store purchase, you will be able to purchase the phone for an second additional charge of the phone price and reject the delivery.
So essentially if a temporary extra payment isn't a problem for you do this:
Do not cancel the preorder.
Go to your local stores tomorrow.
If they have the phone, purchase it.
Cancel your preorder at the store if it hasn't shipped.
If it has shipped, reject/deny the delivery and ship it back to Verizon.
You will be refunded for the preorder charge when they receive the preorder back.11-14-2012 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD