"Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
On a separate note - if I've preordered, they've charged my card (but no updates on whether it shipped yet), can I cancel the order? Or do I have to do the whole refuse shipment thing? Does that effect my upgrade eligibility?

From previous messages it's my understanding that once the card is charged then you'll have to refuse delivery because you can't cancel. Also, someone had said they were told that it if you used your upgrade for the purchase it could take up to a week for that upgrade eligibility to be "restored" if you cancel your order. Which, if true, means I probably won't be canceling my pre-order even if my local store has some in stock (which at this point I doubt based on what I've read, although I am going to call).

kpxstar9

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Will do. if you hear of any please relay that info as well.

On a separate note - if I've preordered, they've charged my card (but no updates on whether it shipped yet), can I cancel the order? Or do I have to do the whole refuse shipment thing? Does that effect my upgrade eligibility?

If your card has been charged shipment usually occurs within 24 hours

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

netsatwork

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just called my local store and he said they DO have the HTC 8X in stock today. Trying to call my business rep and see if she can arrange for me to just go get one at the store.

sallyhats

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
So I call my VZ store last night before they close. I ask specifically if they have the HTC 8X windows phone 8 in stock. Rep says I have both in stock, I say anyway I can pick them up that night. He goes "I wish I could but I can't sell them till tomorrow". Im there at 8:30, walk in when the store opens, guess what, "sorry sir we don't have that phone in stock"..... Are you kidding me!!! I wanted to trash the store and throw a fit but I was late to work as it was. :mad:

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
So I call my VZ store last night before they close. I ask specifically if they have the HTC 8X windows phone 8 in stock. Rep says I have both in stock, I say anyway I can pick them up that night. He goes "I wish I could but I can't sell them till tomorrow". Im there at 8:30, walk in when the store opens, guess what, "sorry sir we don't have that phone in stock"..... Are you kidding me!!! I wanted to trash the store and throw a fit but I was late to work as it was. :mad:

Haha WOW really? My father SUPPOSIDLY got mine at 9:30 -- haven't heard back from him if he did or not! I also called last night, and they said they're "in"! So well see?

Matt Levan

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

That is just wrong. I'm sorry you had to endure that bull****.

In other news, VZW.com is also quite glitchy. They provided us with a pre-order confirmation #, an order #, and (in my case) an order location #. I used to be able to check my order status using the pre-order confirmation # in the pre-order confirmation page of their website. That stopped working last night. NOW, I have to use the order status page of their site but instead of inserting the order # (which doesn't work), I have to insert the pre-order confirmation #. Wow, VZW... Great job.

The status of my order as of 7:25PST, 15/11/2012 ("Launch Day"), is...

"Status: Your order is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow."

WOOOHOOOO!!! ... not. The Courier and Ship Date fields are both left blank. Let's see how long it takes for them to update.

Alas, I must tolerate a few more days with the iPhone 4S. Blast! :mad:

Matt Levan

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Haha WOW really? My father SUPPOSIDLY got mine at 9:30 -- haven't heard back from him if he did or not! I also called last night, and they said they're "in"! So well see?

I wouldn't otherwise correct someone's spelling mistake, but you mentioned you're a teacher, so heregoes. "SupposEdly." No harm done, just a quick reminder. Anyways, you should text your dad and let us know what he says!!!

anotherlab

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I stopped in a Colonie, NY Verizon store when it opened at 9:00am. They didn't have any 8X phones in stock and they had no idea when they would be getting them.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't otherwise correct someone's spelling mistake, but you mentioned you're a teacher, so heregoes. "SupposEdly." No harm done, just a quick reminder. Anyways, you should text your dad and let us know what he says!!!

Ha! I wouldn't normally correct spelling or grammar mistakes either, but since you corrected someone, I'll correct you. I think you meant "here goes", not "heregoes". Also, anyways is incorrect, it should be anyway. ;)

And now it's time for someone else to point out my mistake(s). :)

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Ha! I wouldn't normally correct spelling or grammar mistakes either, but since you corrected someone, I'll correct you. I think you meant "here goes", not "heregoes". Also, anyways is incorrect, it should be anyway. ;)

ALRIGHT GUYS, RELAX HERE. I teach Health, Phys. Ed., and First Aid/CPR, and I'm actually VERY good with grammar and syntax NORMALLY! Human as they come I suppose haha.

I'm awaiting my father's call like a ravenous beast. Frothing at the mouth. However, reading this thread and the other thread with the poll about who is going to go IN-STORE and pick one up...not feeling TOO hot.

Again, Verizon, how do you tell me you HAVE THEM IN STOCK, but from what I've seen, NOT have them in stock? Is it just clearly a lie last night if they're out?

Absurd. I wish I could switch to AT&T sometimes! Can't lose my unlimited data though!

Matt Levan

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Haha, thank you. :cool:

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Tried calling another store... no dice. The guy said he had no idea when they'd be getting them in stock and suggested I try this afternoon to see if they come with today's shipment.

Keckpec29

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Nope! I walked in she said they had them, only the 822 on display, she went back said they didn't have them, maybe on today's shipment, maybe tomorrow she couldn't tell me

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
So.......what the ****'s going on here? Is this Verizon's fault or HTC's? I've never heard of a phone being UNAVAILABLE ON LAUNCH DAY.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12