"Ship BY 11/13" VZW 8X confusion

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
So I'm INCREDIBLY OCD about my gadgets, and I decided to call Verizon to talk to them about my pre-order of the 8x. I ASSUMED that the phone would have a chance of being shipped out BEFORE 11/13, which is why k decided to go the pre-order route. I wanted it to ARRIVE BY 11/13...

In speaking with two agents, they informed me that the device will be shipping ON 11/13, for an 11/15 delivery date. The 8x drops in stores on 11/13, and the agents told me that it CANT ship BEFORE 11/13 because "the phone hasn't been released yet" (aka we can't get it BEFORE the general release to the public)

I then spoke to someone who told me my phone is looking to ship Monday am! He told me the phone is already AT FedEx, now its just waiting to be sent out to me! He said Monday am it'd be sent, arriving to me BY 11/13...a very different answer. Is he looking at a different screen than the other agents?

If I wouldve known I wouldn't get the phone until 11/15, I wouldve just gotten it in-store on 11/13!

I'm just a bit frustrated at the lack of clarity in this situation. Has anyone had any contact regarding this issue? Can someone shed some light?

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
So I'm INCREDIBLY OCD about my gadgets, and I decided to call Verizon to talk to them about my pre-order of the 8x. I ASSUMED that the phone would have a chance of being shipped out BEFORE 11/13, which is why k decided to go the pre-order route. I wanted it to ARRIVE BY 11/13...

In speaking with two agents, they informed me that the device will be shipping ON 11/13, for an 11/15 delivery date. The 8x drops in stores on 11/13, and the agents told me that it CANT ship BEFORE 11/13 because "the phone hasn't been released yet" (aka we can't get it BEFORE the general release to the public)

I then spoke to someone who told me my phone is looking to ship Monday am! He told me the phone is already AT FedEx, now its just waiting to be sent out to me! He said Monday am it'd be sent, arriving to me BY 11/13...a very different answer. Is he looking at a different screen than the other agents?

If I wouldve known I wouldn't get the phone until 11/15, I wouldve just gotten it in-store on 11/13!

I'm just a bit frustrated at the lack of clarity in this situation. Has anyone had any contact regarding this issue? Can someone shed some light?
Technically it supposed to ship out on the 13th and arrive on the 15th. And on the 15th is when Verizon stores should be getting the goods.

Verizon always receives their new phones and all their stock (like accessories) on Thursdays.

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Forgot to add that Verizon has free two-day shipping on their site. That is why it ships out on the 13th and is supposed to arrive on the 15th.

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Forgot to add that Verizon has free two-day shipping on their site. That is why it ships out on the 13th and is supposed to arrive on the 15th.

It doesn't make a difference. What if paid for shipping? Agents are STILL saying it won't ship UNTIL 11/13. IF If I did overnight, it would arrive on 11/14. If it says SHIP BY, to me, that's saying it CAN be shipped earlier. Meaning 11/13 is the absolute LATEST date it would ship by.

Why did one agent say it was shipping out Monday morning then? Its just very confusing...

Daniel0418

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I think one thing that is confusing is the actual release date. I don't think it is going to be on sale on the 13th despite what Verizon reps are telling you. In the past, like many on this forum have mentioned before, usually Verizon launches flagship phones on Thursdays. So I think it shipping the 13th is fine because it won't actually be on sale until the 13th. I'm happy to be wrong, but I wouldn't stress too much. I think the phone is coming Thursday not Tuesday.

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Either way I'm sure we will be fine waiting an extra day or so if that happens. Its not like we don't have a phone to hold us over lol. Chill out fellas

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I think one thing that is confusing is the actual release date. I don't think it is going to be on sale on the 13th despite what Verizon reps are telling you. In the past, like many on this forum have mentioned before, usually Verizon launches flagship phones on Thursdays. So I think it shipping the 13th is fine because it won't actually be on sale until the 13th. I'm happy to be wrong, but I wouldn't stress too much. I think the phone is coming Thursday not Tuesday.

Agent just told me the phone will "more than likely" ship out Monday morning...

Also "confirmed" an 11/13 release in-store. So we shall see!

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Either way I'm sure we will be fine waiting an extra day or so if that happens. Its not like we don't have a phone to hold us over lol. Chill out fellas

Lol I know, but it's the principle, that's all. Just say SHIPPING OUT 11/13 if it won't ship until then, not "SHIP BY" -- misleading for phone heads!

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Yea i understand. I guess I've just given up hope on depending on these companies. I mean **** we were already told the 8x would be out a few days into November. And look at Verizon ****ing it up. I'm just fed up with Vzw for sure lol. Can't cancel them cause its free with my company so. O well

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Same! How the **** did that happen for you?? Haha damn man...lucky. I'm gonna try and PERSUADE some reps to bump mine up!

Keckpec29

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
No no, sorry, lol, I meant I had her ship it next day instead of the free 2 day. When I check my order status it says ship date 11/13/12 so I should have it the 14th.

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know what's going on with the 11/21 ship date on the red model? That's the Wednesday before Thanksgiving so if it ships then it wouldn't be delivered until the following Monday and that just seems like a really stupid thing for Verizon to do. The status page won't accept my order number so I can't figure anything out.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
My 8x pre order says ship by 11_13. When I pre ordered the iPhone 5;it said deliver by 11-21. I got it on that Friday the 21. Fedex tracking was emailed to me late the nite before (Like 10:30pm).

Because it says ship by, my expectation is to get a tracking notice that nite and have it on the 15th.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
It's just absurd. Another agent told me "Ship By" means you can expect to RECEIVE IT that day...

That doesn't make sense. If we receive it the 13th that means it already has to be in the hands of FedEx or UPS. The track order page still says Verizon has my phone so it's not at the shipment facility.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
And everyone is closed Monday for veterans day. Don't expect them to ship til Tuesday the 13. Well have them by the 15.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb