Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. sportex's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    116 Posts
       #1  
    Hi all, I'm on android at the moment but decided to upgrade and have chosen to switch to windows os. My HTC 8x is being delivered on Tuesday. Will the phone be ready to use out of box or is a charge needed and if so how long ? Any tips, help and comments welcome, thanks
  2. Shinjuku 108's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by sportex View Post
    Hi all, I'm on android at the moment but decided to upgrade and have chosen to switch to windows os. My HTC 8x is being delivered on Tuesday. Will the phone be ready to use out of box or is a charge needed and if so how long ? Any tips, help and comments welcome, thanks
    It should arrive with a half to minimal charge. I would recommending charging it to full before starting with the set-up.

    Make sure to be careful about which microsoft account you use to sign into your phone as a first step. You cannot change this account without resetting the phone down the line. So make sure that whatever MS account you use, is connected to your most frequently used Xbox, email, skydrive etc.
  3. sportex's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    116 Posts
       #3  
    Will I have to set up a new Microsoft account or use the one I have with my windows xp desktop pc ? I still use outlook express for email
  4. Shinjuku 108's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sportex View Post
    Will I have to set up a new Microsoft account or use the one I have with my windows xp desktop pc ? I still use outlook express for email
    If its a live.com/outlook.com/hotmail.com email than you should be fine using the same one you've been using.

    Otherwise you can of course create a new one
  5. sportex's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    116 Posts
       #5  
    OK, thanks
  6. Pete's Avatar

    Posts
    1,997 Posts
    PIN
    No
    #6  
    It'll work right out of the box, you'll have a good few hours of charge to play with. Shouldn't be a need to wait for it to fully charge. You can play with the phone while it's charging as well.
  7. sportex's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    116 Posts
       #7  
    Thanks again.
  8. Agpe17's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    176 Posts
    Global Posts
    338 Global Posts
    #8  
    I would actually say to run it down until 10% THEN charge it up fully (while it's charging, you can do setup!) It's better for battery conditioning to do one full-charge cycle per month.
  9. MojoHand69's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    75 Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Agpe17 View Post
    I would actually say to run it down until 10% THEN charge it up fully (while it's charging, you can do setup!) It's better for battery conditioning to do one full-charge cycle per month.
    I agree. My 8X should arrive Thursday and I plan on letting the charge run down before my intial full charge.

Posting Permissions