Beats Audio...

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering... How good is it? Well try it yourself with some good headphones, Beats ads much more mid range and bass... Nokia and Apple are now where near this audio quality! :)

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely +1.

I've not tried the bundled ear buds, but the sound is killer on my Ultimate Ears. A whole lot richer sounding than my Omnia 7.

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
^Good question.

Anandtech seems quite impressed by the amplifier:
Audio on the 8X is very interesting as HTC has included a much higher power headphone amplifier in an attempt to differentiate itself with real sound quality improvements instead of just dynamic range compression with Beats. I listened to music on my Shure SE535s on the 8X and came away very impressed with what I heard.

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
It is good, with my Sennheiser Ear Buds. Once I got used to not being able to tweak down the treble, I find the clarity to be very good indeed.

Having said that, the sound on my HD7 with SRS Wow and same earbuds was also great.

The Dolby enhancement on the HD7 was always crap, so hopefully the 920 has an improved version for those dogging the 8X.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Be interesting to see a comparison of the audio qualities of both phones, as the 920 is a huge step up from my previous HD7.

Only disappointing thing, is the 920 doesn't go particuarly loud, although it doesn't distort very badly at max volume.

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Be interesting to see a comparison of the audio qualities of both phones, as the 920 is a huge step up from my previous HD7.

Only disappointing thing, is the 920 doesn't go particuarly loud, although it doesn't distort very badly at max volume.

With Beats turned on, I can only put my volume up to 15-17 (depending on song) before my ears want to start bleeding :)

Lean4838

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I am very interested in the Beats Audio in the 8X as I love music!

I am curious though, I am reading that the Beats implementation in the 8X is only software while in Android phones it is hardware? If this is true, is there a big difference?

Also, what exactly is the use of the dedicated amplifier? Am I correct in understanding that it is mainly used for to output louder volumes on the speaker?

Thanks all!

holyxiaoxin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Have anyone did an audio comparison between the 920 and 8x? I post a similar question in the 920 forum. I just want a non-bias review. :) thanks.

P.S. many people feel that beats is a ****ty gimmick to trick ignorants. What is rocking inside the 8X is not the beats equalizer, but the additional hardware amplifier inside it. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Have anyone did an audio comparison between the 920 and 8x? I post a similar question in the 920 forum. I just want a non-bias review. :) thanks.

P.S. many people feel that beats is a ****ty gimmick to trick ignorants. What is rocking inside the 8X is not the beats equalizer, but the additional hardware amplifier inside it. Just saying.

Beats is a bass booster button like the switch on a 1980s era walkman.

The Dolby software on the Nokia actually has a graphic equalizer with some options other than "pump up da bass ya'll"

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I am curious though, I am reading that the Beats implementation in the 8X is only software while in Android phones it is hardware? If this is true, is there a big difference?

As i understood it, "Beats" was just an EQ setting on both Android & WP.

I'm not aware of any hardware differences between Beats enabled Android devices, and similar non-Beats devices.

Both the 8S & 8X have beats, the big difference being the extra amp in the 8X. Thats far more useful than the "Beats" EQ setting.

holyxiaoxin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
As i understood it, "Beats" was just an EQ setting on both Android & WP.

I'm not aware of any hardware differences between Beats enabled Android devices, and similar non-Beats devices.

Both the 8S & 8X have beats, the big difference being the extra amp in the 8X. Thats far more useful than the "Beats" EQ setting.

That is what I just said. ><

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Great post, which headphones are you guys rocking?

I've actually NEVER listened to music on my phone, but now that I'm signed up with XBOX Music, I'll need a good pair of in-ears for the 8X and beats!

Any recs?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo