Expandable storage? Skydrive?

alee2117

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4 & my upgrade is due & I want a Windows Phone 8. (Preferably Lumia 920 but AT&T got that exclusive for awhile so oh well.) Next best choice for Verizon is the HTC 8X. The only problem is my life is pretty much based around music (which is why I love the 8X has Beats) but I have over 3,000 songs on my 32G IPhone 4. I know the 8X has 16G & no expandable storage so could I possibly use Skydrive or maybe an app like Dropbox or something like that to throw all of my music into or some alternative to getting my music on the phone?

schartzr

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4 & my upgrade is due & I want a Windows Phone 8. (Preferably Lumia 920 but AT&T got that exclusive for awhile so oh well.) Next best choice for Verizon is the HTC 8X. The only problem is my life is pretty much based around music (which is why I love the 8X has Beats) but I have over 3,000 songs on my 32G IPhone 4. I know the 8X has 16G & no expandable storage so could I possibly use Skydrive or maybe an app like Dropbox or something like that to throw all of my music into or some alternative to getting my music on the phone?

Use spotify and stream it all, you can make play lists and such same with xbox music. All I do any more is Stream.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have 5gigs of music on skydrivr and you can stream it from the sky drive app. Is it the preferred method? No. But it does give you access to tracks when u need it.

alee2117

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I would prefer not to stream. I kind of like the idea of all the music preloaded on my phone.

I'm also looking at the Ativ Odyssey. Or maybe the Microsoft Surface phone in early 2013. The color I want on the phone I get is white so it's not really a big deal color-wise. I just remember hearing something about the Ativ Odyssey looking different than the Ativ S. and I don't like that.

alee2117

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have 5gigs of music on skydrivr and you can stream it from the sky drive app. Is it the preferred method? No. But it does give you access to tracks when u need it.

Do you have to have wifi for that? & is it difficult?

There's about 16G on Skydrive correct?

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Do you have to have wifi for that? & is it difficult?

There's about 16G on Skydrive correct?

You can get whatever you want, as far as I know. Up to like 100GB or something like that.

Now - Does Xbox music have a matching service that looks at your Windows Media Library and lets you stream all of your content via Cellular Data a la iTunes Match, or would SkyDrive be the only way to accomplish this feat?

I'm a musician myself - and while I have no experience with Beats, I'm intrigued. But yes, internal storage is lacking on the 8X.

The 8X is kind of like a model. Stunning and sleek, super sexy curves... Just doesn't have the brains to keep up.

That's why I love her :blush:

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Xbox music has a match service if you use windows 8 on your PC.

It works ok, but you can only stream songs available in the market. If the PC doesn't find a match then you won't be able to stream it at all.

OP, you might want a phone with an SD slot if you don't want to stream. The Nokia 820 is nice.

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
This beats paying for iTunes Match.

Didn't know if MS was going to offer a free service. A lot of my music is from local artists and bands that I was in that never had commercial releases. If google play and wp8 are pretty seamless, I might give this google service a "go".

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

You really should check out the Lumia 822.

Key differences between it and the 8X are that the 8X has a better screen resolution and more ppi. However the 822 does have expandable memory. Outside of that and the looks of the phone, they are almost identical. Same battery size, processor, amount of ram... etc.

Plus you would get all the great Nokia apps with the L822.

It's a very underrated and overlooked phone just because the L920 exists. Honestly, it's on par with the 8x. But when people think Nokia they think 920.

alee2117

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You really should check out the Lumia 822.

Key differences between it and the 8X are that the 8X has a better screen resolution and more ppi. However the 822 does have expandable memory. Outside of that and the looks of the phone, they are almost identical. Same battery size, processor, amount of ram... etc.

Plus you would get all the great Nokia apps with the L822.

It's a very underrated and overlooked phone just because the L920 exists. Honestly, it's on par with the 8x. But when people think Nokia they think 920.

The L822 just doesn't look desirable to me. Idk. I know I'm kind of faced with a choice of looking bad & keeping everything or looking good & having to stream & such. *sigh*. Sometimes I don't like Verizon :/

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
The L822 just doesn't look desirable to me. Idk. I know I'm kind of faced with a choice of looking bad & keeping everything or looking good & having to stream & such. *sigh*. Sometimes I don't like Verizon :/

Ahh, so you care more about looks than functionality.

Yeah I would rather have a lambo but living in an area with tons of snow it's just not practical.

One MAJOR difference with my analogy there though, a lambo could get you laid, your phone? Probably not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes