Wifi Bug?

benryder

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I've come across a bug with Wifi. It appears intermittent and although I have my suspicions I haven't been able to replicate it yet.

This is the second time I've seen this - my Wifi appears 'on' in the main settings menu, but when you actually go into the Wifi Settings it is switched off and is greyed out preventing me from turning it on. (photo attached)

The only way to fix it is to restart the phone.

I'm wondering if it's due to a problem connecting to Wifi at work. We have a variety of AP to connect to, but the main one for personal devices isn't accepting connections so my phone is constantly trying to connect to it. I wonder if this over an 8 hour period is causing something to break within WP8?

Ben.

ajorourke

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue yesterday, haven't had it before or since. It's looking like WP8 is a bit buggy, hopefully they'll iron all of this out in an update.

Fernando G1

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I've had this problem twice, first at a Dunkin Donuts with free wifi and second in my home on my network. Both times occured in the morning after not using the phone the whole night through on account of sleep.

geekpryde

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I had this issue for the first time last night, wifi would not connect, and the button to turn on/off was grayed out. Phone was stuck searching for a network to connect to, even though I was sitting only feet from my home Access Point. I had to restart phone TWICE, and then wifi and the wifi setting button were working again, like nothing ever happened. Phone has been fine all day today, so I am not sure what sequence of events lead up to the wifi bug rearing it's ugly head, I'm just happy it's not something affecting me all the time.

I have got to say, I am sure this issue will be resolved, and other than this hiccup, I am LOVING my 8x. I never thought I could LOVE a phone, afterall, it's just a phone, but there, I've said it. You wont ever see me on Android again.

dcpaint

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
OK in case MS is keeping tabs here, I have the same issue with my new HTC 8X. Wi-Fi would not show WiFi links connected or not. I have to restart the phone to fix.

Bertvh

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
+1. I've now had this same problem - exactly as desscribed here - regularly over the past week, both at work and at home.

shakermaker41

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if my "bug" is related, and It's not something that annoys me but rather just confuses me. I keep hearing that the "portico" update will allow us to "keep wifi alive" even when the screen is off. On my phone, I've yet to see wifi reconnect, ever. It's always on. When my screen has been off for a long period of time and I switch it on, the logo shows it as connected. I've even tried immediately going into wifi settings to see if the icon is simply incorrect, but even in settings it's shows as connected to my home network.

Like I said, I'm not complaining about it. Just find it strange. Not sure how the Portico update will be different.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if my "bug" is related, and It's not something that annoys me but rather just confuses me. I keep hearing that the "portico" update will allow us to "keep wifi alive" even when the screen is off. On my phone, I've yet to see wifi reconnect, ever. It's always on. When my screen has been off for a long period of time and I switch it on, the logo shows it as connected. I've even tried immediately going into wifi settings to see if the icon is simply incorrect, but even in settings it's shows as connected to my home network.

Like I said, I'm not complaining about it. Just find it strange. Not sure how the Portico update will be different.

Maybe it was a bug with the intended feature of keeping WiFi alive. I noticed this behavior but not always. After Portico, the keep alive is working good and the saved battery life is amazing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes