11-17-2012 11:40 PM
- So who else has pre-ordered through best buy? Have you received any communication yet? The store in my town has a bunch of idiots, that range from "We won't be carrying any Windows 8 Phones (despite the multiple AT&T ones already there)" to " we'll have a Verizon rep in store on Friday for a big Windows Phone 8 launch."
One of the stores the next city over has the 822 in stock, but I still think I want the 8X.11-14-2012 04:32 PM
- I just went to Best Buy since I preordered the HTC 8X there for Verizon. They told me that they didn't have it in stock yet and told me that I have to wait until I get an email from them. I proceeded to tell them that they have the Nokia Lumia 822 in stock and they were both released today, and there response was that they didn't have the Nokia 822 even tho it showed them in stock or that they were probably back in the warehouse and they can't go see until someone brings the phones out.11-15-2012 09:53 AM
- I hate pre-ordering through Best Buy; unless you are purchasing some kind of Apple device, they never know ANYTHING about it, nor do they care to dive into the computer (or even know how) to check the status of a pre-order.
I might buy the Lumia 822 just to have a WP8 until my 8x shows...I've got 60 days to return it under Reward Zone Silver anyway11-15-2012 10:18 AM
- thats what i did i have no phone right now due to losing att service and my phone in sandy so im porting my number to verizon and since the 8x seemed to never be shipping i cancelled and ordered an 822 it will be here tomorrow so at least i can finally have a phone again i would have preferred the 920 but att is no longer an option after having no service for a week when i needed it most verizon service here didnt skip a beat so thats why im switching.
im going to go into my local best buy after work and see if they have any 8x or 822 because my local verizon said they wont have any until next week11-15-2012 10:51 AM
- I just talked to Best Buy twice today and even got escalated to someone higher up and they still couldn't tell me when the phone would be coming in to there stores and said that they couldn't refund the $50 deposit for the gift card to preorder it. Moral of the story, NEVER preorder a phone from Best Buy if you want it on the release date.11-16-2012 02:40 PM
- I just went to Best Buy tonight myself, thought I would just go ahead and preorder the blue htc 8x (VERIZON) so that way i'd get one of the first sets in (whenever that will be). So, I asked the guy to do a preorder on it and he said they removed the blue one for Verizon. They will NOT be selling that one anymore and all blue preorders for Verizon were dropped. They will however have the black one and he said I could preorder that one. I declined and said I would just chance it when it was available. He said all their systems just indicate TBD, so there is no known date for it? He then told me they will likely have it in stock by xmas :mad: I should hope a lot sooner than that. Interesting thing on bestbuy.com, the blue one say "Sold Out", black one is available for purchase (no known delivery though), and now there is a red one available online, however it is NOT for a specific carrier. I'm thinking they are getting the red one now before the blue one. In any case, I am going in tomorrow and picking up a white Nokia 822 in the meantime so I can start enjoying windows phone 8. I have 60 days to return it (premier silver) then I can get an HTC 8x (hopefully with plenty of choices).11-17-2012 11:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD