Just picked up my 8X from Verizon

DeathBreath

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I was extremely lucky and got 1 of 2 HTC 8X's(black) in the store. So, I can confirm they are arriving, but looks like in very limited quantities.

Initial impressions: Hardware is truly awesome! I haven't played with the software yet other than a quick flick or two, still charging.

Good luck!

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I just got back prom picking up a black one too. I was the first WP8 sale at the store. The hardware is very nice, though surprisingly it appears to have slightly worse reception than my Trophy. Now to see how horrible syncing my music is going to be.

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I just got back prom picking up a black one too. I was the first WP8 sale at the store. The hardware is very nice, though surprisingly it appears to have slightly worse reception than my Trophy. Now to see how horrible syncing my music is going to be.

Looks like 822 is getting a good reception. You shoudl give it a try.

Vheissu

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up my 8x (black) cause that's all that any stores got it seems that blue is delayed as well as the red. The reviews don't do this thing justice it is gorgeous. Also as a side note apparently it does have Qi wireless charging I tried it out on the Lumia 822 charging pad that was on display and it started to charge.

Vheissu

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Just go into the store and hold I, that will convince you. I stopped by an art store today just to look at the 920 and the 8x was set up right next to it and I held the both and while the weight of the 920 is not too heavy when you pick up one then the other its amazing how wonderful the 8x feels in you hand. Not just the lightness but the soft touch back is awesome. Samsung engineers couldn't even dream of designing a phone this beautiful. Also as I type this message out on my trophy (8x is charging) it makes this phone and the OS on it feel like a cheap toy. Bottom line 8x is the nicest phone i have ever held in my hand. I haven't had much problem with the power button while it is very flush it does not take much pressure to depress it so it hasn't bothered me. Take this all with a big grain of salt cause I've literally only had the phone for 6 hours and I do have a tendency to speak in hyperbole when talking about my new favorite toy.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
If any of you still have the unlimited data plan, would you please try this and see if it still works? This was the hack from our Trophy:

Dial ##778.
Edit Mode.
000000 (six zeroes).
M.IP Default Profile.
DUN NAI.
Change it from YOURNUMBER@dun.vzw3g.com to YOURNUMBER@vzw3g.com -- In other words, you're deleting the text "dun."
OK.
Menu >
Commit Modifications.

Your phone will reboot. From now on (potentially until/if you ever flash another PB00IMG.zip that you'd normally have to *228 for), you will channel all your tethering through vzw3g.com instead of dun.vzw3g.com.

As far as Verizon is watching, you're moving all that data right into your phone, and not tethering.

Joelist

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
If any of you still have the unlimited data plan, would you please try this and see if it still works? This was the hack from our Trophy:

Dial ##778.
Edit Mode.
000000 (six zeroes).
M.IP Default Profile.
DUN NAI.
Change it from YOURNUMBER@dun.vzw3g.com to YOURNUMBER@vzw3g.com -- In other words, you're deleting the text "dun."
OK.
Menu >
Commit Modifications.

Your phone will reboot. From now on (potentially until/if you ever flash another PB00IMG.zip that you'd normally have to *228 for), you will channel all your tethering through vzw3g.com instead of dun.vzw3g.com.

As far as Verizon is watching, you're moving all that data right into your phone, and not tethering.
Hopefully it doesn't work. This is an LTE phone.

Agpe17

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, the phone feels AWESOME in-hand. I also picked up the power and protect pact, which included the screen protectors, car charger, and black snap-on case. Feels great on the phone!

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully it doesn't work. This is an LTE phone.

OK, I understand that. So if you're a Trophy owner with unlimited data and you purchase the 8X off contract in order to keep the unlimited data, you will lose the Internet Sharing hack?

Xplode22

May 10, 2011
Visit site
OK, I understand that. So if you're a Trophy owner with unlimited data and you purchase the 8X off contract in order to keep the unlimited data, you will lose the Internet Sharing hack?

It was my understanding - and I think what Joelist was alluding to - that the reason the hack on the Trophy was required was because we were still on a 3G network not because you may have had an unlimited data plan. After the court ruling came out, I thought that Verizon opened up tethering to anyone on the 4G/LTE networks...regardless of data plan.

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
No can do, the options are grayed out and you are unable to click/edit them.

see this image... http://i.imgur.com/wEfqb.jpg (the attachment didn't load right)

Dial ##778.
Edit Mode.
000000 (six zeroes).
M.IP Default Profile.
DUN NAI.
OK.
Menu >
Commit Modifications.

Attachments

• wEfqb.jpg
    wEfqb.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 12

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
It was my understanding - and I think what Joelist was alluding to - that the reason the hack on the Trophy was required was because we were still on a 3G network not because you may have had an unlimited data plan. After the court ruling came out, I thought that Verizon opened up tethering to anyone on the 4G/LTE networks...regardless of data plan.

OK, gotcha ya. So I could keep my current plan with unlimited data and not have any Internet Sharing or upgrade to a new LTE plan with a specific amount of data, which would cost me more. Guess I'll be keeping my Trophy.

pulseOXE

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I can also confirm the old hack doesn't work. I was able to keep my unlimited data, but internet sharing is a huge thing for me, so if a hack isn't discovered like the Trophy, I might have to switch from my unlimited plan :( Also, love the phone, but I HATE VZW Nav and really don't want to pay a monthly fee... Is there any WP8 Navi app I can use that will still allow Xbox music to play? I just switched from a Galaxy Nexus, and wasn't quite aware of how much I would miss google maps/nav. If anyone finds anything about enabling tethering, please post.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3