TMO Off contract: impossible?

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Pardon my rant as I as a question.

I decided to go with the HTC 8x over the unlocked Roger's version of the L920, because for the price I can skip out on the only two features of the l920 that mean anything to me Nokia apps and the Camera. I have a nice DSLR so I don't need Nokia's camera, and the apps don't actually mean that much to me, being as I have a GPS if I want turn by turn directions.

So, I decided to check out the 8x at TMO. Being as I've never owned a smartphone before, I decided I wanted to go with TMO because 30$ a month for a smartphone is right up my alley. However, I can't actually buy the TMO 8x from their site without agreeing to a contract... why in God's green Earth can't I?

I don't understand why TMO would make it so hard for potential customers. I'm not a TMO customer, so I'm put off at the fact that they don't want to take my money unless I sign up for a contract. I'd be just as happy nixing them if I actually wanted an Iphone from virgin mobile for the same price.

So, am I missing something here or should I write TMO a strongly worded letter on how they fail at customer acquisition and sales?

P.s. US cell phone companies are hellish.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro