jgraves4480

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Anyone notice that the ringer volume is tied to the music and other sounds? Kinda makes it hard to listen to music and hear the phone ring. Did I miss a setting or something?

weepatc

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
It has been this way since WP7 was released. Separate control is a very requested feature. As yet it hasn't happened. We'll just have to live with it a bit longer until MS see fit to change it.

medalat

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
No mate, is a feature that has not been added, strange though as it s common with all other OS. Hopefully they will add it soon. I use my phone as my alarm and I need to make sure it?s on the top ring volume, otherwise god himself wouldn?t be able to wake me, which is obviously not helpful when listening to music before i fall asleep. You would think it would be quite easy to implement and I have voted for it to be in the Microsoft suggestion box.

While I am on the subject another missing feature, which I have also voted to be implemented and which I have seen added in some apps settings, the bbc mobile third party app springs to mind, but not on the general phones setting is the ability to lock the screen orientation. I like reading websites vertically and playing games watching videos in the horizontal aspect. I absolutely hate it when the phone flips and I have to jiggle it to get the orientation back to the way I like it. If some apps can implement the lock orientation I am not sure why it can't easily be added to the OS, or some third party appster ;) hint hint. Heres hoping.

That said I am loving my windows phone, bored of the boring IOS and as an early adopter I am hoping new features will be implemented as time goes on.

jgraves4480

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
So how do we get M$ to fix this? Cuz I had my ears just about blown off with the amp that just comes on automatically when u plug in head phones. Kinda not good. I mean the pc os can do it. All it needs is the ability to set your ringtone high when ur listening to music.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
You just typed M$! There are some people on this forum that hate that. Lol. But yes, I also wish the volume controls were separate. Still waiting since WP7.....
Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

jgraves4480

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I actually like that short version of Microsoft. As much as I hate bugs in software, I got used to it a long time ago. Bill Gates did what the people he bought software from couldn't do. So I think the M$ is fitting. Not in a bad way though. I traded my 4s in to get my new htc 8x, cuz it has windows.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss