Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have my HTC 8X nur for 3 days. All is good but I have a sound bug. Sometimes, the speaker is very quiet and sounds distorted. To fix this, I have to restart. Then it works. I can not say what causes this bug, but it makes me sick. Has someone same issues here with the HTC 8X?

Microsoft bugs. It happens. Take it back, see if the next one does it.

I have the same issue :mad:

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts
    Have you tried to disable some of the attentive phone settings?

I have gotten the distortion several times. I know it's not a speaker issue. I'm thinking it's software as when the phone was Bluetooth connected to my car, the distortion was played through my car stereo. This makes me sad that it's probably a software issue and every HTC 8x probably has this issue, but also gives me hope that a software update might fix it. I'm just trying to decide within the next 20 days whether or not to return it and get a Nokia 822 which is mid range :( Darn Verizon doesn't get the Lumia 920...

Did anyone get any further with this.
    I have it to ad sometimes the sound stops working alltogether, was a bit anoying this morning when the alarm was just vibrating...
    Takes a little more then vibrations to get me out of bed!

Same issue here.
    Sound really low and distorted.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I had some issues with this yesterday,

I was watching a video and the sound was very strange, is like someone is talking in front of a ventilator... I thought it was a problem in the video, but I started Tell Me, and chose Help and Read it, and the sound was the same.... after a restart it was normal again.....
    Last edited by Luinwethion; 11-26-2012 at 07:23 AM.

I've had this same issue. Sometimes the sound is completely distorted, othertimes it's completely muted even though ring and vibrate is enabled. Hopefully there'll be a fix

@ Oversten,

When I first got the phone, I swear there was a setting some place that told it to be quiet between the hours of 10 pm and 8 am. I know I have it enabled cause it only vibrates in the morning when I do things with it. I have no idea where this setting is though, I just dug through all of the settings and can't find it. It might affect the alarm....

Had an issue today when the phone was loud and really distorted on the ring tone. It sounded really bad. I turned volume down, and the next call I got sounded fine.
    I think this is slightly different than what you guys are experiencing.

I've experienced the same thing happening to my phone. Restarting is the only way to fix it. I've also had a problem when using headphones; after a song is over and the next starts playing, it sounds very choppy, almost like it's buffering. I have to unplug the headphones and plug them back in to restore quality. I know it's not just my headphones, I've tried several pair as well as a set of external speakers.

Yup sometimes my text message alert will sound all distorted then other times its fine.

I have an 820, im on my third, i get like a split second pause sometimes on notifications, doesn't matter what tone it is, its intermittent so im hoping its a wp8 bug. I have had it on all three phones.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    same issue here. Reboot is what fixes it. It seems to happen after I connect to a Bluetooth speaker to stream music. It does seem like a software issue, and not a hardware issue.

I've found that if I play music when my 8X goes silent, it fixes the problem (as does a reboot)

I don't have an 8X yet, but this sounds similar to an issue I have with my HP Touchpad. The sound will get distorted while playing audio (Pandora, etc) and the only thing that fixes it is a reboot. What pops in my mind in terms of the Touchpad and 8X is that they both have Beats Audio...hmmm.

What fixed it for me is to disable some background apps such as facebook, tweeter, linkedin, watsapp etc. It seems like the more of them are running the harder it gets for WP8 to play smooth sounds.

I have the same issue on my Lumia 920. Music seems to play okay, but other sound effects such as games sound garbled/synthesized. Restarting fixes it.

Had this again today. Restarted phone.

Nothing confirmed on this, but I saw another thread that mentioned how Skype is in Beta for Windows 8 phones and that it could be causing some weird issues. I uninstalled Skype about 3 days ago and my phone has been a champ ever since. No sound distortion yet... crossing my fingers this isn't a fluke.

Nevermind.. sound distorted just a few hours after my post... BOOO

My issue is with the Beats audio. Everytime I activate it, my sound becomes distorted as if my phone is underwater. Even when I deactivate BAudio, all texts,speech,anything out of my speaker is now distorted which leads to my phone auto resetting itself on a whim or I have to manually do it.

I have same issue,
    My music sound drop after watching youtube on web.
    I just uninstall skype then reboot.
    Try watching youtube again. Then back to youtube menu after watching.
    And try to play music , believe it or not back to normal
    Sorry for my bad english.

I try again.
    And it didn't work out this time.
    Too bad. I love this phone..
    I can't help it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast