Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    After ranting about the delays yesterday, last night I got a call from the Verizon store saying they had one 8X left. I broke the sound barrier (and perhaps a few traffic laws) racing there to get it before closing and before one of you snarfed it up. All is forgiven HTC. This thing is amazing- screen great, weight and size perfect, sound quality fantastic. Also, the previous complaints in the PocketNow review that said voice quality on phone calls was the worst ever are not true, at least for me. Because of the delays of the 8X I almost got the Lumia 920 at AT&T, but was conflicted given the weight and heft. Thank goodness I waited.

UPDATE- That is, until I just experienced my first random reboot....
    Last edited by hbg1; 11-16-2012 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hbg1 View Post
    After ranting about the delays yesterday, last night I got a call from the Verizon store saying they had one 8X left. I broke the sound barrier (and perhaps a few traffic laws) racing there to get it before closing and before one of you snarfed it up. All is forgiven HTC. This thing is amazing- screen great, weight and size perfect, sound quality fantastic. Also, the previous complaints in the PocketNow review that said voice quality on phone calls was the worst ever are not true, at least for me. Because of the delays of the 8X I almost got the Lumia 920 at AT&T, but was conflicted given the weight and heft. Thank goodness I waited.

Aaaah, the reboots..... I thought the same, and it is truly a stunning piece of hardware. But buggy as all ****. I can't speak to Clove until Monday so it has the weekend to convince me it is worth keeping.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg1 View Post

Mine has not rebooted once since getting it a t noon yesterday.

if it's rebooting then you're not holding it right. I'm kidding. Mine hasn't rebooted yet.Knocking on wood as we speak. This is one sleek device. I want to get a case, but I want to show off that nice blue.

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    mine has yet to reboot... fingers crossed

The user (Aperture o) on the reboots thread suggested to turn off automatically download updates and it worked with him for 3 days without random reboots, and same here with me.

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    No reboots for my AT&T 8x, had it since Saturday. Fingers crossed.

no reboots 8x with Verizon, I have auto check for updates on. had it since yesterday and using it nearly nonstop.

2 reboots in 22 hours. Verizon.
    Is your primary Microsoft account a Google account?