Battery tricks and tips for the HTC 8X

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

I know for sure that I have duplicated my primary account, and I don't know if this is causing
my phone's battery to drain app. 20% per hour...How can I delete one of them and what can I do to improve the battery's performance?
Any answers would be great!

The second account, you simply remove it. The first one you can't.

Bill_1992

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I am trying to do step #27, however, no matter how many times I reboot my phone, the green light disappears and the red one appears. What would you suggest doing?
Also, how do I know if I have the Portico update?I just bought this phone 1 week ago and i updated it twice, but I am not sure what kind of update it was.Thanks.

Bill_1992

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I am trying to do step #27, however, no matter how many times I reboot my phone, the green light disappears and the red one appears. What would you suggest doing?
Also, how do I know if I have the Portico update?I just bought this phone 1 week ago and i updated it twice, but I am not sure what kind of update it was.Thanks.

Anyone?

GearDoGi

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Sent my HTC 8x for service (covered by my guarante) because almost in every game and app the phone was extremely overheating (SUPER HOT) and draining battery very fast (from 100% to 0% into almost ~ 4 hours) i will update you for any news from the service!

mohawk apple

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The second account, you simply remove it. The first one you can't.

hello there just sold my 8s and bought the 8x and was wondering when i first set up the phone it asks for a ms account, do i use my hot mail account or do i have to make a @live account? cause i notice it says (live) where you sing in and i never have a @live.com
thanks for the help

ajeesh yacob

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
i ve already did all u ve said.. and i play games, youtube thru wifi, text often.. short calls .. average battery life s 20 hours.. seems ok

Raghav94

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Nice tips, thanks for this,

Btw, step 23, which is, 'Do not do this until your phone is two weeks with you!'
That sentence doesn't make any sense and I'm confused.

Sorry4Bump

philipxtian18

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
It is ok to use battery saver when you set the settings of it into "Now until Next Charge?" when im using this setting my battery last more than a day and How to make my battery 100 in Battery Status? It stops at 99 but the led light is already green i tried to restart the phone while the charger is still plugged in then the led light becomes red again after a few minutes it will become green but in battery status it is still 99. But in battery information it was already 100%. I noticed when i plug out from 100% in battery information it became 99% immediately.

Ivaylo Badinov

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
You could also reduce the number of live tiles, because they require background tasks to update. Also there is a display trick you could use:

[TIP]If you have an AMOLED display you should use the BLACK theme, because black does not require power.[/TIP]

[TIP]If your phone has IPS or other LCD matrix you should use WHITE theme because in this case the black requires energy (in LCD power applied to the pixel makes it opaque, while no power makes it transparent and this way the backlight is visible trough the pixel)![/TIP]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster