Verizon 8x??

SwearWord

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
On Fedex vehicle for delivery. I'm in the boat with all those people who's phones have been sitting at a nearby Fedex facility over the weekend.

ealexand#CB

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Is there a reason that BestBuy has it for $100 less than Verizon or Amazon? I want to pick it up, but I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

Edwin4NOH8

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Is there a reason that BestBuy has it for $100 less than Verizon or Amazon? I want to pick it up, but I feel like I'm missing something obvious.
The ETF when you buy from a retailer is usually higher than buying directly from Verizon. Plus you might have restrictions that you can't downgrade your plan. You'll only notice if you change your plan or cancel your account. I bought my last phone from Amazon knowing this but I have no plans to cancel and if I do, I know that my ETF will be $350 and not $250.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I thought the Verizon one included a wireless charger? I don't see that listed in the Best Buy version unless I'm just missing it? Also, if I am currently grandfathered on the unlimited data plan, will I have to change that if I get this through Best Buy? Thanks in advance.

---------- Post Merged at 06:26 PM ----------

I thought the Verizon one included a wireless charger? I don't see that listed in the Best Buy version unless I'm just missing it? Also, if I am currently grandfathered on the unlimited data plan, will I have to change that if I get this through Best Buy? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

rpardee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered on the 11th--a blue 8x & 3 iphones for the rest of the family. Scheduled ship-by date was the 16th, which of course came & went w/no apparent activity. Appealed to @VZWSupport on twitter & was told my order was "charged and pending shipment to be released 11/19". I looked & saw that my cc was charged for all 4 phones & got all excited when I got a "your order was shipped" e-mail. Then I got another. And another. And then I noticed that the cell #s I asked to be ported over were on the e-mails. So the 3 iphones are coming, but so far nothing for the 8x. :(

rpardee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered on the 11th--one blue 8x for me & 3 iphones for the rest of the family. Ship-by date was the 16th, which came & went w/out any acknowledgement or activity whatever. No charge to credit card. Appealed to @VZWSupport on twitter & was told the order was "charged and pending shipment to be released 11/19" (today). I look & sure enough, my cc has been charged.

I was very excited to get a "Verizon Order Shipment Notification" e-mail & figured woo-hoo--we'll have something extra to be thankful for on Thanksgiving. Then I got a second e-mail, and a third. Then I notice that the e-mails have cell #s listed on them--the numbers I ported over from our current carrier. Then I looked & saw that my number is not on there. So they're apparently sending us the 3 iphones but not my 8x.

feelsbadman.jpg

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I received my Verizon HTC 8x today after having it sit at the local FedEx facility since Friday. I have been using the HTC Trophy since day one of it's release and loved the phone. I can say after playing with the 8x today, that the Trophy is significantly outclassed by this phone. HTC and Microsoft did a great job with this phone.

rpardee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Spent > 30 minutes on the phone w/internet sales (866) 338-7390 this morning. Got put on hold & eventually hung-up on. Called back & the CSR sent a formal inquiry (?) to the warehouse & pledged to call me back when she heard back. I've not heard back from her, but in the meantime did get a shipping notification on my 8x w/predicted delivery date of this Friday. At this point I'll believe it when I see it--am keeping my fingers crossed.

I vented a bit about VZW's abysmal lack of communication on this & the CSR at least feigned sympathy, but did not come up with e.g., upgraded shipping or anything...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes