Anyone come from gs3 to 8x?

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Anyone with the 8x come from the gs3 or maybe the galaxy nexus? Curious if u are enjoying it so far

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

techgeek32#WN

Jul 11, 2008
Visit site
Yep. I have the GSIII, Nexus and Razr Maxx HD. I love the size. Easy to use one handed but with a 4.3inch display. Call quality, Bluetooth, speaker and music audio all work better than the other 3. If you use a lot of apps you probably should look to the others. I use primarily for business so that doesn't bother me. The battery life can probably last from 8 to 5 with light use, however it is excellent for an 1800 mAH size. The screen is excellent and can be used on medium setting. Cons are: lack of apps, no real notification system like Android, small amount of storage (only about 11GB available to start), buttons are very hard to press because they are flush with the device. Camera is better than the Nexus and Maxx, but not as good as SGIII. Hands free texting, search and message read back works perfectly in my car. The others don't work through Bluetooth. Audio through headphones is the loudest and best I have had on any device. Email seamlessly integrates with Gmail and Exchange. No file management option like with Android. The 8x is very limited compared to Android but if you just need an excellent phone, email, office apps and stream all of your audio this is a great device. The wireless charging reminds me what I loved about the palm per. I would definitely recommend that you get one and use it for a week or two and find out if you can live with the shortcomings. You won't be able to decide just by playing with a demo unit. I forgot, no turn by turn directions and the maps app is pretty poor. Not as bad as IOS but not close to Google Maps. Not a lot of customization options, very basic and simple. Does not allow for multitasking like an Android device. Very limited in what it can do. That being said, I will use it for one more week and decide if I can live with the shortcomings. I love the device though. Perfect size and wonderful build quality. This what the iPhone 5 should have been, but with brushed aluminum.

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that the Verizon demo had around 11.6 GB of storage. Are there preloaded apps that you can remove to free up more space? The AT&T version has 14.56 GB out of the box.

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I came from the S3..had a Nexus and razr as well. This phone simply works.

Apps are not a problem for me. I havent found an app that i wanted that wasnt available. Maybe not in an official capacity, but the 3rd party versions generally have more "soul" in them anyway.

Battery life is great. OS is fast and fluid. Audio in incredible.

I have absolutely NO regrets. I simply hope official accessories are available soon.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3