Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    According to the Wallet FAQ under "Why can't I make NFC transactions with my phone" it states "The easiest way to check and see if your phone supports NFC transactions is to go to...settings. . . . If you don't see an option to turn on "NFC transactions," then your phone doesn't support it."

Well, guess what, there is no option to turn on NFC transactions on my Verizon 8x. Do any of you see that option? Specifically, it should be under "Settings=PIN" in the wallet settings.

Nothing on att Lumia 920.

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fardream View Post
    Nothing on att Lumia 920.
    Interesting. I wonder if the FAQ is wrong of if the feature isn't enabled in WP8 yet?

Does anyone have somewhere close with NFC transactions that they can test an 8x or 920?

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    you can't do NFC payments in the US because Microsoft sided with the carrier cabal to support ISIS, which has been stuck with a thumb in its *** since 2010 and is just now getting trials. You have to have a special ISIS SIM that negotiates the payment...and as YOU GUESSED IT...is only available on the small carrier cabal (Sprint is not part of it).

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    It's been tried on both, neither have it enabled due to secure sim card. Carrier issue with ATT/TMobile, and now I guess Verizon.

Verizon does offer Isis phones, but all are Android.
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/explore/?page=isis&cmp=KNC-58700000030514092

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    No such thing as an "ISIS phone" Just phones that support ISIS (which WP8 does) and an ISIS (secure) SIM. ISIS isn't ready yet and no telling when it will.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISIS_(m...payment_system)

parties involved read like a who's who of shysters...

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    No such thing as an "ISIS phone" Just phones that support ISIS (which WP8 does) and an ISIS (secure) SIM. ISIS isn't ready yet and no telling when it will.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISIS_(m...payment_system)

parties involved read like a who's who of shysters...
    I apologize for not writing out 'phones that support ISIS'. christ

Who are the shysters? AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Discover, Barclaycard, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or AMEX?

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    It was announced at the event in June that tap to pay wouldn't be available immediately and would be rolled out on a carrier by carrier basis. I believe they said Verizon will start supporting it Q1 of next year and when they do they'll probably just push out an update and say if you want it enabled you can request a new SIM that's compatible.
    Thanked by:
    pdch