Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

So I just got my 8x yesterday and am confused regarding this problem.

I can't get my phone to stay off and charge. I've had phones that would charge while they were shut off. But my 8X won't do it... Is there a setting I have to change or am I stuck with this?

This is normal. My Samsung Omnia 7 would also turn on when charging. You cant stop it.
    I haven't seen an option to keep it turned off while charging.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    They all do that. I don't see it as a problem. As long as you're not using it, the phone should charge just as quickly as if it were off.

Yep, my 8X does that, also. My HTC Trophy (WP 7.5) did the same thing. Both charge quickly, though.

Oh bummer. I just don't like the notion of charging devices when they're in use. Thanks for the quick replies guys

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    It's a WP thing. Which I hate. Sometimes I'd like to just rapidly charge my phone, but I can't that way when I'll finally get my 8X in the mail.

Here is a video about it. And this guy isn't biased towards iOS/Android, he loves WP. Just thinks it's a big issue.

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    I have a hard time getting worked up over this issue, or the 'paused music' issue. I understand why they annoy people, they just don't annoy me.

Maybe an NFC tag by the bed to trigger a couple events like turning sound down and turning on airplane mode would solve this.

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    It's not just a WP thing. I can't think of any device I've owned in recent times that doesn't turn on while charging. It actually allows the device to regulate the amount of power the battery is getting, because it isn't good to keep a device at full charge for long durations of time.

Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eruptflail View Post
    It's not just a WP thing. I can't think of any device I've owned in recent times that doesn't turn on while charging. It actually allows the device to regulate the amount of power the battery is getting, because it isn't good to keep a device at full charge for long durations of time.

Uhmmm... iPhone?

Edit:

Just read that "you owned". No hate intended - it's just that iPhones do this.

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    yeah it's a wp thing... wish i could power down while charging BUT isnt that big of an issue for me