Purchasing 8x now vs waiting...

strokee

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
There are some pretty good limited time prices for htc 8x right now (Best Buy, Target, Sam's Club, etc). By purchasing now I could save a lot of money. That being said, there seems to be a TON of issues with the 8x (rebooting, contacts, email, etc).

Is it advisable to purchase the phone now and save the money? Perhaps it is a better idea to wait and see if/when these issues are identified/fixed. I'm honestly not sure what to do.

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Like I just posted in my thread about the target deal, my shipment is awaiting inventory to arrive... Is it new inventory with different Quality standards....? Here's hoping. Probably not. But by the time I get it, the software issues SHOULD be resolved either by HTC, Microsoft, or both.

I think you're in the same boat either way. I know these prices won't be around forever.

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I and many others have zero issues, but there is obviously a reboot problem with some. I would prob go ahead and buy with the good prices, making sure you know all the details if you need to return it.

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The target deal was too good to pass up so I just went for it. Too bad it isn't in stock yet. I'm hoping it will come next week.

ut_jd

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd buy it now if you want it now. My 8x is perfect so far with no rebooting, gmail issues, etc... (knocking on wood). The majority of people are having no major problems with their phones, but people with problems will turn to the forums to voice their concerns and look for advice on fixes. As a result, it appears as though there is widespread issues when many people are chugging along just fine.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The 8X has less issues than all the Nokia's. I have two, we now have 4 in our office, they work. The reboot problems are limited to some phones that have the wrong firmware for the carrier they are being used with. If you get one like that, you simply exchange it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05