Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    It sucks that we have turn off everything to get any decent battery life
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    Dude you've swapped multiple phones. WHY? This thread is useless, please use ONE 8X for AT LEAST two weeks and THEN post a thread about you *****ing about the battery. Any battery sucks the first few days.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aventador779 View Post
    Dude you've swapped multiple phones. WHY? This thread is useless, please use ONE 8X for AT LEAST two weeks and THEN post a thread about you *****ing about the battery. Any battery sucks the first few days.
    I'm not so sure you can easily swap phones after 14 days. Isn't the return period only 14 days or two weeks? It's always a tough argument against warranty claims too...

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Pay attention to what apps you have installed...I've heard whatsapp and Groupon are two that are fairly battery hungry. Also try disabling the HTC lockscreen app and background tasks.

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    You don't swap with the store you bought it from. It's not their fault. They didn't manufacture the phone. It's HTC's fault. That is why you have that one year warranty. Swap phones with them.

Simple as that derp.

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    I swapped within my 14 days per tmo. I find it ridiculous I have to wait around for "the battery to get better" on a $600 phone. there is no proof these batteries improve with time.

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    You know very little of Lithium-Ion batteries I see.

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aventador779 View Post
    You know very little of Lithium-Ion batteries I see.
    That was true of nickel based batteries, but I've found no truth in that with Lithium Ion batteris.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I just now finished my second run it 'til it dies battery torture test. It really does seem to do some good with the calibration of the battery monitor, and the battery its self. I live in a sucky signal area, very remote. I drive into and out of service all day. When I'm at the shop I have a 3g network extender. I had at least one 30 minute conversation, and maybe 5 other 5 minute ones. Texts, emails, videos on youtube, 5 minutes of data sharing with my Surface, etc... The phone "unplugs" its self at 7 in the morning when my outlet turns off, and the phone shut down at 5:50pm local time.11ish hours ain't bad.

I was worried that the battery would really suck after reading threads like this one. I'm one of those who always carried a spare battery, I carry multiple pocket knives or tools, you know the type. (no pocket protector though) haha But this makes me think that I'll just get one of those emergency battery things that takes AA's and just carry that for the extreme emergency case. Otherwise my battery seems fine for normal use. Stay near an outlet when you need to do more stuff on the phone, or carry some alternate means of charging, and you're good to go.

I've had my 8x for less than a week and I am getting 12 hours or more a day with normal use (had 48% battery left after 12 hours today). If I use it heavily, it may drop down to 10 hours; but it seems to keep getting better everyday. I don't understand the battery problems some people are having, but I heard somewhere that it might have something to do with gmail. I don't use gmail, so I can't say about that.

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    Icstars like

I am having no battery issues with my 8x as of yet. Just received it on Monday and thus far, I got 1 day 9 hours of average use with nothing turned off except NFC, before having to charge it back up.
    Phone: Nokia Lumia Icon, LG G2, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x
    Media Player: Zune HD 32 x 2, Zune 120, Zune 80
    Tablet: Microsoft Surface 2 64Gb, Microsoft Surface RT 64Gb, IPad Air, Archos 101, Archos 70
    Thanked by:

Dude, the battery in these phones is fine. I have used mine all day and it is at 41%, 12 hours in (Wifi).

Having great battery life so far as well. Have 60% left. It's about 7PM and it was off charger since about 9AM. Moderate usage and have my emails accounts pushing updates as they arrive.
    Sent from my HTC Windows Phone 8x using Board Express

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Check out my thread to fix the battery issue. It should definitely work. http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lu...orary-fix.html

The battery life on mine is also terrible - I have nfc off, bluetooth off, email updating once an hour and even after not using the phone for most of the day it won't make it past 10pm.

This morning I have taken it off charge, played one word on WordFued and read a couple of emails and it's now reporting this: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=6cefb...F8%21747&sff=1

I wonder if there's anything common between the devices that are having crappy battery life (apps installed, IMAP email, signal coverage?) or whether there's just faulty units?

Incidentally, a friend's 8x battery stats:

1 day 8 hours since last charge
    1 day 23 hours remaining

I've now uninstalled skype and facebook and disabled the htc app background task .. clutching at straws really, but if the OP has had several devices then I'm not convinced its a hardware fault.

A bit more potentially useful info.

My phone (terrible battery life):

Firmware revision number: 1532.20.10022.401
    Bootloader version: 0.0.1532.20(156246)

Friend's (great battery life)

Firmware revision number: 1532.20.10024.401
    Bootloader version: 0.0.1532.20(156943)

Anyone else want to post their's and whether they get good or bad battery life?

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    I have sent my info to windows phone support. They continue to look into it
    If you can only charge to 99%, try a different charger, like one a 2Amp 5V for the iPad. If still not good, try a hard reset.
    Also read my battery tips and tricks.
    I have two phones with 022 and also 024... the 024 gives me one hour better battery life. I have already contacted HTC. Could you also contact them over HTC.com, the newer firmware is better. But... on my phones the difference is 1 hour longer browsing. My 024 device gets around 6.5 hours +/- the 022 device about 5.5 hours. HTC is aware of the problem, but you need to contact them also as they're looking into a firmware upgrade tool.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    after i removed skype my battery is now pretty good.
    was getting about 18-20 hours before with lots of use, now getting around 40 hours...again with lots of useage.

Firmware revision number: 1532.20.10024.401
    Bootloader version: 0.0.1532.20(156943)

I've done a factory reset on mine and not installed any apps - I'm going to leave it on charge all day and see if that makes any difference. I've also sent HTC a message from their website.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    It's strange that there are quite so many firmware versions going around...
    Firmware
    Boot loader
    0.0.1532.20(156792)

My battery is soso but I am doodling around a lot and have not uninstalled Skype (hoping for a patch soon). Any results from that questionnaire on firmware version and battery?

*edit* my bad, mixed up the reboot thread and the battery life in my head.

I just went to the HTC product page, support, then contact us.. took me here (in the UK):

Contact us

Also pinged them on twitter and they asked me to run a battery test, using instructions for an android phone
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast