State of the HTC 8x and its HORRIBLE battery

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The battery on any Blackberry will destroy a modern touch screen smart phone. The processing and graphical tech has advanced way faster than battery technology.

My 8X battery is fine, its better than the previous androids I have had (Nexus S and Galaxy S). I use is heavily during the day on internet and apps like wp central, use it to play music in the car and often listen to music at night. I only charge it at home overnight.

Nenomk2

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: HTC 8x battery life is horrible

I had Desire before and I must say that the battery life is very good on my 8x. Longest one was 1 day and 17 hours so far, with moderate use of phone, music listening, wifi on, gps on, runtastic app in the background...
wp_ss_20130125_0001_zpsd2cfe4e4.png

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

I cant get well over a days life on this thing, you just need to know what to have running in background tasks, not being connected to Xbox etc

SaucePolicy

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It might be a poor cell signal. At work I lose 10% an hour while at home where the 3G signal is stronger, I can easily get 14 hours out of a full charge.

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I did all what you guys mentioned earlier, now I have 2g network, no Xbox sync, no Skype or what'sapp just Kik, and low brightness.. My battery consumption is 7.2/h now and I will keep posting updates as I do different things.

Thank you all for taking the time to help me out.

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Some improvement on battery consumption.
Question is: does live tiles affect the battery life? , I mean does it stay connected or its just a flipping images and numbers..

busngabb

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Some improvement on battery consumption.
Question is: does live tiles affect the battery life? , I mean does it stay connected or its just a flipping images and numbers..

If they live tile is pulling from the phone memory it shouldn't take much battery. If its getting updates or pictures from the internet, it will use more.

clivectmob

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I have a suggestion, download battery stats from the store and let it run for a week or so and then post them up. I use it mainly so i can have a display of the remaining battery. However, it has some great graphs for the last 24 hours and so on, but the important one is the average percent/hour usage. Mine is currently 6.6% per hour. This is an average that is totalled up since the app had been installed and as usage can vary a lot from day to day this is a good indicator of actual battery usage. I would consider myself a relatively heavy user.

LeLee092

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

I've been having a lot of battery issue with my phone as well
The first two weeks I had it the battery life was awesome IMO, used to last me the whole day, sometimes I wouldn't even charge it to go to sleep and wake up and it was still at around %30 with moderate use

But recently this past week its been going down hill, I have the battery status app (just downloaded battery sense and batter stats too, start keeping an eye on it), and my phone has only been lasting me consistently 12 hours with light use...just switched my background theme to dark

Does anyone know how to close music programs from running in the background btw? For instant when I use Slacker Radio and I exit out of it all throughout the day whenever I go to the home screen the music drop down keeps popping up as if im still running the program, is there any way of stopping that? I have a feeling thats part of the reason my battery is draining so quickly :/

Florin Anghel

Banned
Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Look, here's my battery lasting:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=85D6987EBA9DCD63!1119&authkey=!AJP-UmW_sa-_6kA

I do admit that I had few calls but I used the wifi a lot(no 3G cause I'm roaming), news, fb, downloading game from store and playing it, messaging. I listen to music (downloading from subscription cause it has better quality but before I download I listen the song on streaming)
I have Skype on, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Metrotube, Vimeo, 4 e-mail accounts.
I also disabled the auto upload of Skydrive.
And I don't use stop music app.

ephesians52

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I had horrible battery issues with my Lumia. It turned out if angry birds space was running in the background it was eating away at the battery. If you exit an application with the back button it doesn't background. Try hitting back till nothing is open and see if it lasts awhile. If so you just need to find the problem app.

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I had horrible battery issues with my Lumia. It turned out if angry birds space was running in the background it was eating away at the battery. If you exit an application with the back button it doesn't background. Try hitting back till nothing is open and see if it lasts awhile. If so you just need to find the problem app.

Simlply .. Watsapp! Uninstalled it, replaced it with Kik, and now I'm almost happy with battery life. Much better than what it used to be.
Oh also IM+

clivectmob

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I use whatsapp and have no probs with it. And skype, no probs. I dunno if I'm just lucky but i generally just let everything do its own thing and battery is ok. Even skydrive upload is on auto, plus all the messaging backup and all that.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Look, here's my battery lasting:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=85D6987EBA9DCD63!1119&authkey=!AJP-UmW_sa-_6kA

I do admit that I had few calls but I used the wifi a lot(no 3G cause I'm roaming), news, fb, downloading game from store and playing it, messaging. I listen to music (downloading from subscription cause it has better quality but before I download I listen the song on streaming)
I have Skype on, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Metrotube, Vimeo, 4 e-mail accounts.
I also disabled the auto upload of Skydrive.
And I don't use stop music app.

Wow! That's impressive!!!!!! I don't get that at all!!!

So you didn't play with any settings at all like turn off stuff?

I get like 15hours on moderate use.

If you have any tips, please let me know!!!!

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

My battery life is pretty good, I can get 4-6 hours out of heavy usage with my fluctuating 4G signal at home and after a 12hr work day with it sitting in my locker I usually have 91% remaining. I have 6 background tasks running.

sharpinator

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Yea the 8x has terrible battery life. I only got over 3days! Can you believe that? I was expecting the battery to last 2 weeks :pwp_ss_20130125_0005.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)