Phone getting dirty

baygacon

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
That was my concern when reading that it had a soft-touch coating. I ended up ordering a black one with the idea of getting original cases in other colors. I have one in Cali Blue from HTC and it looks great and it's wonderfully fitted to the phone. Hopefully they will make other colors available soon.

Post pics and let us how the cleaning went.

Do you have a link to this case? Thanks

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Any staining to plastic is probably water related. Do you guys have sweaty palms or live in a humid or rainy area? Wet pockets will do that to any an soft touch case or in this case, phone.

Either way, I am terrified and will be getting that double shot case or a tpu case that will cover the corners. LOL

Last edited:

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've only had my phone for a week now but I take in and out of my pockets pretty often and it looks the same as it did when I took it out of the box.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Are you happy with the case? I really love the feel of the 8X and really didn't want to put a case on it but I might not have a choice!

I've been more than happy with it. You will be surprised on how wonderfully fit this case is. It is perhaps one of the most fittest I've seen on a phone (I have had to tell my friends that my 8X has a case because they didn't notice at first!) and the material is a blend of hard plastic and rubber which adds an awesome feel to it. I can't recommend it enough.

The only issue so far is color options as blue is the only one I've been able to find.

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
The only issue so far is color options as blue is the only one I've been able to find.

Not an issue when you have a blue phone. :)

My plan is to try find a method to clean my dirty phone, then get the double shock case from pay day.

Last edited:

Kamasori

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Ajua any chance you could post a couple of pics of the phone with the case on etc. I normally hate cases but if its nice I might have to with the dirty problem :(

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
You would've put a zagg full body invisible shield since day one , i did it on my lumia 920 and my phone is the matte black. Don't trust everything the companies says when releasing . Remember they just want to sell. If you get to clean it, try that.

Dano79

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Im using the bodyglove case got it from the tmobile store I tend to drop things so I got a case right away for this phone since im paying and arm and a leg for it

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Ajua any chance you could post a couple of pics of the phone with the case on etc. I normally hate cases but if its nice I might have to with the dirty problem :(

My double shock case should be here tomorrow. Pics to come then unless someone does it first :D

Here some photos of my phone with the HTC Doubleshot Hard Shell. These were rushed and taken with my NEX-5N, which I'm still trying to master, so if you find them poorly shot, I will take more once the sun comes up and with better lightning :)

The color of the case match the California Blue, even though it looks darker on these photos because of the lightning.

Notice how great the case fits the rounded corners and the overall shape of the phone. Also, the side shot shows the cover for the buttons (the USB connector and the headphone jack are cutout or uncovered).

Attachments

• 8Xcase1.jpg
    8Xcase1.jpg
    311.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 8Xcase2.jpg
    8Xcase2.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 8Xcase3.jpg
    8Xcase3.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 74

morpheus1982

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Great, thanks! At least I know what to expect when I get mine. However I wish the HTC logo was metallic, and Beats logo was there too. But that is just me being picky. Got mine from ?13.98 including delivery to my door. The official HTC Accessory site is charging ?17.99 even before delivery charges are applied. Rip off!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3