Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Use those Mr Clean Magic Erasers to clean it

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baygacon View Post
    Do you have a link to this case? Thanks
    Here's the link to the one I bought: HTC 8X HC C810 Doubleshot Hard Shell | HTC 8X Accessories

Sadly, the blue is the only one I have found so far. I would love to buy one in black to match my 8X.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus1982 View Post
    Photos added into first post. I bought a sleeve case for phone after it already started getting dirty. I will probably end up getting the double shock case too. 24 months is a lot of time to get dirty!
    Here's the link to the HTC Doubleshot Hard Shell in Blue from Clove that I bought with my phone HTC 8X HC C810 Doubleshot Hard Shell | HTC 8X Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by ajua View Post
    Here's the link to the one I bought: HTC 8X HC C810 Doubleshot Hard Shell | HTC 8X Accessories

Sadly, the blue is the only one I have found so far. I would love to buy one in black to match my 8X.
    Thanks! Are you happy with the case? I really love the feel of the 8X and really didn't want to put a case on it but I might not have a choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeebs1234 View Post
    Use those Mr Clean Magic Erasers to clean it
    Thanks, ordered some.
    Device: O2 Nokia Lumia 1520

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baygacon View Post
    Thanks! Are you happy with the case? I really love the feel of the 8X and really didn't want to put a case on it but I might not have a choice!
    I've been more than happy with it. You will be surprised on how wonderfully fit this case is. It is perhaps one of the most fittest I've seen on a phone (I have had to tell my friends that my 8X has a case because they didn't notice at first!) and the material is a blend of hard plastic and rubber which adds an awesome feel to it. I can't recommend it enough.

The only issue so far is color options as blue is the only one I've been able to find.

Quote Originally Posted by ajua View Post
    The only issue so far is color options as blue is the only one I've been able to find.
    Not an issue when you have a blue phone. :)

My plan is to try find a method to clean my dirty phone, then get the double shock case from pay day.
    Last edited by morpheus1982; 11-22-2012 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake.

As soon as I picked my phone up I was a bit concerned it would get dirty. I've picked one of the cases up so it should curtail demise of the blueness. Its not arrived yet but this place is doing it for a good price

HTC WP8X Double Shot Hard Shell HC C810 - Blue - UK MOBILE STORE

Ajua any chance you could post a couple of pics of the phone with the case on etc. I normally hate cases but if its nice I might have to with the dirty problem :(
    You would've put a zagg full body invisible shield since day one , i did it on my lumia 920 and my phone is the matte black. Don't trust everything the companies says when releasing . Remember they just want to sell. If you get to clean it, try that.

Im using the bodyglove case got it from the tmobile store I tend to drop things so I got a case right away for this phone since im paying and arm and a leg for it

My double shock case should be here tomorrow. Pics to come then unless someone does it first :D
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamasori View Post
    Ajua any chance you could post a couple of pics of the phone with the case on etc. I normally hate cases but if its nice I might have to with the dirty problem :(
    My double shock case should be here tomorrow. Pics to come then unless someone does it first :D
    Here some photos of my phone with the HTC Doubleshot Hard Shell. These were rushed and taken with my NEX-5N, which I'm still trying to master, so if you find them poorly shot, I will take more once the sun comes up and with better lightning :)

The color of the case match the California Blue, even though it looks darker on these photos because of the lightning.

Notice how great the case fits the rounded corners and the overall shape of the phone. Also, the side shot shows the cover for the buttons (the USB connector and the headphone jack are cutout or uncovered).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8xcase1.jpg   8xcase2.jpg   8xcase3.jpg  
    RyanR47 likes this.

Great, thanks! At least I know what to expect when I get mine. However I wish the HTC logo was metallic, and Beats logo was there too. But that is just me being picky. Got mine from 13.98 including delivery to my door. The official HTC Accessory site is charging 17.99 even before delivery charges are applied. Rip off!

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    No problem with the black one!

Second the black phone comment. No dirt :)

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    Mine did same on bottom corners..figured was oil/sweat from hands, opted for a prot. case to be safe from drops anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    No problem with the black one!
    Hidden dirt, and boring colour.. :)

To be fair, there was only one colour for me to "choose" from.

Quote Originally Posted by tomatoes11 View Post
    Do you guys have sweaty palms or live in a human or rainy area?
    Dammit, I DO live in a human area :) That's my problem?

I'm surprised no one jumped on that one earlier. Anyway, aside from having to cohabitate with other humans, I am still waiting for my Cyan 920 that I ordered on the 9th, but am interested in the 8X as well. This does seem like a major issue if it's common, but I'd imagine they could change it pretty easily, or just stop selling the colors. The reality is that it probably won't affect sales.

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Hidden dirt, and boring colour.. :)To be fair, there was only one colour for me to "choose" from.
    I actually like the black.

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts
    Great, thanks! At least I know what to expect when I get mine. However I wish the HTC logo was metallic, and Beats logo was there too. But that is just me being picky. Got mine from 13.98 including delivery to my door. The official HTC Accessory site is charging 17.99 even before delivery charges are applied. Rip off!
    I'm still looking for other colors, specially black and limelight yellow. I wonder why HTC is taking this long to release them now that almost evey carrier out there and stores are selling the 8X.

Post your impressions on the case. The only gripe I have with it is that the power button is little bit harder to press, but that's on the phone's flush buttons. It loosens up a bit and now it is just like it has no cover, but still a bit harder for my liking. Other than that, it's the best case I have ever used.

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Copped this case today from Tmo. Went in to return my 8x with the dark streaks on back cover and black corners for a new one. I paid full price so the return was simple.
    Saw this case and had to have it. Works like a charm for me!

20121123_175140.jpg
    20121123_175054.jpg
    20121123_175353.jpg
    20121123_175345.jpg
    20121123_175250.jpg
    20121123_175448.jpg

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    im going to look for a soft clear gel case

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Villain View Post
    im going to look for a soft clear gel case
    I also ordered this for backup. They have it in black and blue as well.... Amazon.com: Cimo S-Line Back Case Flexible TPU Cover for HTC Windows Phone 8X (AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon) - Clear: Cell Phones & Accessories
    91lm53di0ol._aa1500_.jpg

thanks for the photos of the cases, tempted to get the double shot. Morpheus (or anyone else) have you had any success cleaning the black corners yet?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast